Contracts and Grants Compliance Analyst
UVA Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) is seeking a Contracts and Grants Compliance Analyst to join their team. Reporting to the Assistant Director of OSP Post Award, this position provides an option to work on-site, hybrid or fully remote, following the University's remote work guidelines. Analysts should have a strong focus on financial compliance to minimize the University’s risks related to sponsored awards.
Analysts assist with developing, interpreting, and implementing highly complex financial and accounting concepts and techniques for financial planning, control, and analysis. Collaborating with all levels of management within the University, Analysts gather, evaluate, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, future requirements, operating forecasts, and similar complex financial matters.
Analysts also offer guidance to and work with department administrators and OSP functional areas on complex financial matters to ensure Sponsor and University policies and procedures are followed consistently, utilizing data and reporting tools where appropriate. Analysts may provide functional and technical direction to other staff members as appropriate.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Gather and organize information from a variety of sources to establish data banks for use in analyzing and creating future plans and forecasts. Prepare and present reports of findings and recommendations to management.
- Provide advice and interpretation regarding all levels of financial activity, assist with the planning, coordination, and execution of policy implementation applicable to the installation of improved financial operations, and provide specialized technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance.
- Work with the OSP Post-Award Assistant Director of Financial Compliance and Senior Financial Analyst on system upgrades or strategic realignment of the workforce necessary to increase quality and/or efficiency in achieving financial compliance objectives.
- Provide guidance to departments on financial management of sponsored programs and ensure sponsor and University policies and procedures are followed consistently to minimize the University’s risk related to non-compliance with federal requirements.
Salary to commensurate with candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Experience: At least three years of grant and contract experience. Seven years of experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
Licensure: Certified Research Administrator (CRA) certification.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
Please apply online, and search for R0055614. Internal applicant must apply through Workday by searching ‘Find Jobs.’ Complete an application online with the following documents:
- Cover letter