Grants and Contracts Administrator--Outgoing Subawards
The University of Virginia Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) seeks a Grants and Contracts Administrator - Outgoing Subawards, reporting to the Associate Director of Pre-Award, to perform sponsored outgoing subaward related activities supporting our research mission. This position is eligible to be remote.
OSP's mission is to provide leadership in research administration, support the research endeavors of University faculty, ensure the responsible stewardship of research funding, and oversee the submission of proposals and the negotiation and acceptance of awards by the University according to State and federal laws and regulations as well as University and sponsor requirements.
Grants and Contracts Administrators possess a comprehensive understanding of grants and contracts administration. Subaward Administrators are responsible for the processing of subawards in the financial system and serve as a principal contact for subrecipients and UVA departments.
The preferred candidate will have strong listening and communication skills, be adept at learning new systems, and will grasp new concepts and processes easily and efficiently. The ability to work self-sufficiently on assigned tasks while still being an active and integral part of the Pre-Award team is a key component of the Grants and Contracts Administrator role. OSP is a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with high volume, requiring excellent time management and organizational skills.
Grants Administrator Responsibilities:
- Assesses, creates and manages outgoing sub-awards for the University.
- Accurately and efficiently manages setup of subawards in the both the research administration system (ResearchUVA Powered by Huron) and the financial system (Workday Financials).
- Review subrecipients for conformity with University, federal, state, and Sponsor policies; identifies, articulates and resolves relevant issues in subaward review on a timely basis through contact and follow-up with University administrators, faculty, subrecipients or third parties as appropriate.
- Familiarity with a variety of different contractual provisions from federal and non-federal prime sponsors, the Federal Demonstration Partnership (FDP) templates, and associated subaward terms and conditions.
- Performs risk assessments on subrecipient’s ability to properly manage sponsor funds, reviews and negotiates outgoing sub-award agreements and amendments.
- Serves as a resource for the University faculty and staff on research administration, ensuring compliance with state, Federal and University rules, regulations, policies and practices (such as FAR, Uniform Guidance, sponsor guidelines, etc.)
- Manages a complex portfolio while providing quality service and adhering to relevant deadlines.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of standard operating procedures governing subrecipient monitoring, document collection, and subaward review and execution.
- Mentors new administrators and provides guidance.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Grants Administrator Minimum Requirements:
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Experience: At least three years of research administration experience. Four additional years of experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Licensure: Certified Research Administrator (CRA) certification is preferred.
Anticipated salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
Application Instructions: Please apply through Workday, and search for R0054525. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile by searching ‘Find Jobs.’ Complete an application online with the following documents:
- Cover letter
Upload all materials into the resume submission field, multiple documents can be submitted into this one field. Alternatively, merge all documents into one PDF for submission. Applications that do not contain all required documents will not receive full consideration.
References will be completed via UVA’s standardized process Skill Survey. A total of five references will be requested via SkillSurvey during the final phase of the interview process.
For questions about the application process, please contact Jessica Speth, Academic Recruiter, at email@example.com