Assistant Vice President (AVP) Research Operations
Exciting Leadership Opportunity in Danbury, CT
40 hours per week. Variable hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am and 4:30 pm, flexibility required.
This position is accountable for management of clinical research operations, budget, policy, and research compliance at Nuvance Health and is responsible for the business success of the clinical research enterprise. This position reports directly to the Vice President for Research and Innovation.
1. Continues the development and sustainability of a recognized clinical research portfolio engaging multiple locations through the hospitals and outpatient settings of Nuvance Health.
2. Provides infrastructure that permits clinical researchers in Nuvance to efficiently engage in therapeutic and diagnostic clinical trials.
3. Develops and maintains compliant, efficient, and effective policies and processes for research regulatory responsibilities to ensure that our research activities adhere to institutional and sponsor regulations.
4. Provides infrastructure that permits clinical researchers in Nuvance to submit high quality proposals to external agencies such as NIH, CDC, AHRQ, private foundations, and pharmaceutical companies.
5. Leads and implements operational initiatives across all clinical disciplines including physician recruitment to lead clinical trials.
6. Develops best business practices for matching sponsor therapeutic areas to Nuvance expertise
7. Expands research capacity at Nuvance to leverage the health system advantages: integrated health care across inpatient, outpatient, and online settings, comprehensive electronic medical and dental records (EHR), oncology, infectious diseases, pain and neurological disorders, women's health, digestive health,, translational and implementation research, and use of large databases (including genetic information).
8. Ensures the sustainable financial health of Clinical Research Cost Centers in order to achieve strategic goals and the long-term financial health of Nuvance Health.
9. Leads and endorses the development and implementation of financial performance measures that support Nuvance’s research mission while contributing to the reputation and image, membership growth and retention, and quality improvement in Nuvance Health.
10. Ensures that Research and Innovation’s annual operating budgets are balanced and that capital budgets are adequate to sustain Nuvance’s operations and innovation as a leader in research.
11. Ensures that Clinical Research staff understand their role in the financial success of the Center.
12. Identifies and influences capacity to conduct health care demonstrations, practical clinical trials, and pragmatic practice-based interventions that are high priority for regional operational leaders and have high scientific merit. · Promote research as part of a ‘learning organization’ that is valued by Kaiser Permanente leadership and by the health care industry at large.
13. Demonstrates Nuvance’s community benefit through research on vulnerable and under-represented populations and its capabilities in evidence-based care and health policy.
14. Creates competitive advantage for Nuvance Health.
15. Collaborates with Investigator Initiated Research team , CMIO-IT Administration, and Learning Institute to maximize the utility of Nuvance Health data resources in ways that will create competitive advantages for Nuvance Health.
16. Collaborates with VPIR on a Program-wide position on research collaboration with external investigators that includes: · Acknowledgement of the potential importance of Nuvance’s data assets as a national resource; · Identification of opportunities to develop and acknowledge expertise within Nuvance Health; · Enhance the public’s knowledge about health and wellness, prevention and treatment of disease.
17. Presents to brokers, employers, and the media describing leading-edge contributions of Nuvance Helath research in clinical research, innovation and technology.
18. Collaborates with VPRI to promote Nuvance Health research as a method to grow Nuvance’s reputation and image in the local and national community.
19. Collaborates with VPRI to evaluate and articulate the economic value of research for Nuvance Health, including reputation and image, membership growth and retention, quality improvement, economic value emanating from the translation of research into policy and practice, extent of community benefit.
20. Collaborates with VPRI to establish and promote research as one of Nuvance’s key business functions.
21. Collaborates with VPRI to expand key partnerships with academic, Veterans Administration, and other research partners, including other health care organizations and trade organizations.
22. Maintains and Models Nuvance Health Values.
23. Demonstrates regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
24. Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum ten (10) years of research experience involving human subjects in such areas as health services research, translational research, clinical trials, and/or other related research areas.
- Minimum seven (7) years of previous experience in management and leadership positions(s) that include administration, budget oversight, human resources management, liaison activities, and strategic leadership,
- Masters degree required.
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Org Unit: 325
Department: Clinical Trials
Salary Range: $78.9700 - $146.6500 hourly, commensurate with experience.
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates.