Sponsored Awards Expeditor
Sponsored Awards Expeditor
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
Bachelor's degree (foreign equivalent or higher). In lieu of degree, four  years of full time Contract and Grant financial experience, or a combination of higher education and experience totaling four  full-time years may be considered. One  year of full-time experience providing administrative support to contract and/or grant activities. Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office, Excel and Word. Knowledge of grants management and accounting standards.
Bachelor's Degree (foreign equivalent or higher) in business finance and/or accounts payable. Experience with federal and locally funded sponsored research activity.
Brief Description of Duties:
The Sponsored Award Expeditor is responsible for the full life-cycle fiscal management of the sponsor funded grant and contract process to those assigned to within this position's portfolio. As the one of primary contacts for Principal Investigators, campus administrators and administrative teams that support research expenditures, this position ensures the successful conduct of the financial affairs of these awards on behalf of Principal Investigators, sponsors and The Research Foundation for SUNY, ensuring the campus maintains its status as a recipient of federal and private research funding.
This requires a comprehensive understanding of all Federal, Sponsor and Research Foundation and campus guidelines, adhering to specific line-item budgets, sponsor restrictions, campus policies for grant expenditures as well as all aspects of full life-cycle fiscal reporting of sponsoring agencies financial activity. Therefore, having strategic and analytical thinking skills with an ability to solve problems, make effective decisions, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a financially complex, deadline-driven environment is imperative.
The successful incumbent will have experience interacting with and presenting to individuals at various levels within an institution, they will also have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, exercising strong organizational and time-management skills with an exceptional attention to detail. Essential for this role is the adeptness to work independently as well as part of a team with a collaborative approach to problem solving and the ability to interact with individuals at various levels within an institution
The Sponsored Award Expeditor will serve to facilitate all actions that are in support of the proper management of all expenditures as well as the recovery of payments, execution of corrective actions and to support auditing needs during the active period through award termination and close out. This position will provide hands-on troubleshooting and related execution to all fiscal tasks to facilitate necessary projects and areas of need throughout the life cycle of awards that are both externally and institutionally sponsored.
The Sponsored Award Expeditor will need to have an understanding of the necessary compliance guidelines of all applicable terms and conditions and will expedite actions needed to ensure timely expenditure, billing and reporting to include annual/final financial and compliance reports for award active and termination cycles, manual invoices and supporting documentation as required by private and state agencies, certification of all cost shared costs as provided by University.
Determine and facilitate resolution of charges that post to campus payroll suspense and work with the RF Payroll Office and PI's to move charges to appropriate sponsored awards. Ensure salary expenses are fiscally allowable, discuss recommendations with Principal Investigators.
● Review problematic purchases in campus electronic requisition and travel system to provide ad hoc assistance for transactions that fail, to facilitate resolution while maintaining fiscal compliance against sponsored awards
● Serve to support invoice preparation and financial reports required by funding source award terms and conditions within prescribed periods, and to include cost-shared expenditures, campus recovery of F&A, final property status inventory
● Coordinates the collection of and transmittal to agencies that request supporting documentation for annual audits and interim desk audits. Ensure information needed for sponsor audits is compliant to reflect all approvals and in keeping with sponsors terms and conditions.
● Consults with PI's department administrators, Accounts Payable and HRS as award close out period approaches to ensure timely reporting and close out. Coordinating necessary actions with Accounts Payable to facilitate the close of open Purchase Orders during the 90 days prior to award termination dates.
● In coordination with the Office of Sponsored Programs, Principal Investigators and department Chairs the verification of cost and relinquished awards for PI transfers.
● Analyzes recovery of campus Facilities and Administrative costs supported by sponsors throughout the life of the award cycle to ensure full recovery. Determine if re-budgeting is allowable when needed for project goals, execute re-budget, notifying PI's with sufficient time to facilitate use of funds during the active period of awards and contracts.
● Provides assistance to the Subaward Analyst to facilitate timely agreement, modification and payment of invoices to subrecipients.
Outreach and Professional Development:
Participate, as appropriate, in internal and external professional activities, such as an author or co-author, committee member, search chair, meeting or conference presenter, staying abreast of emerging developments within the fields. Participate in internal control development by researching and co-authoring specific expenditure transaction standard operational procedures.
This position requires continual self-education on Research Foundation for SUNY policy and procedures, sponsor guidelines and federal regulations such as the OMB's Uniform Guidance, attends meetings in support of campus process improvement, and participates in professional development opportunities to maintain current understanding of all federal, state and RF Policy Standards and may include training new staff members.
Other duties or projects as assigned as appropriate to rank and departmental mission.
The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private educational corporation. Employment is subject to the Research Foundation policies and procedures, sponsor guidelines and the availability of funding. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Minimum salary threshold must be met to maintain FLSA exemption.
Due to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, the candidate hired will need to be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or other "protected individual" (as defined by 8 U.S.C. Sec. 1324b(a)(3).
This position is eligible for alternative workplace arrangements/telework (remote or virtual) or hybrid.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the university Office of Equity and Access (OEA) at or visit OEA.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here.
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
SUNY Research Foundation: A Great Place to Work.
The starting salary range (or hiring range) to be offered for this position is noted below, it represents SBU's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
To apply, visit https://stonybrooku.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=2400096&tz=GMT%2B00%3A00&tzname=UTC
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency