Senior Sponsored Research Administrator
We are currently searching for a Senior Sponsored Research Administrator to join our team. This position manages pre- and post-award activities for an assigned portfolio within the departments of Psychology and Statistics & Data Science. The Senior Sponsored Research Administrator will be responsible for a broad range of research grant and contract management functions. The ideal candidate should be a team player with exceptional organizational skills and should be able to interpret and understand sponsor and University regulations and guidelines.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Assisting faculty with the submission of proposals for external funding opportunities. This includes regulations and guideline interpretation, completion of internal paperwork for approvals, budget development and completion of administrative documents required for successful submissions.
- Providing faculty members with various options and scenarios that can be used in a proposal's planning for an efficient transition to an award.
- Managing the assignment of proposals, with attention to submission deadlines to ensure adequate time and team coverage.
- Developing and implementing processes to ensure compliance with changing regulations and promotes efficiencies in processes related to proposal preparation and award acceptance.
- Tracks and provides financial reporting to faculty on research grant accounts on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Conducts variance analysis; researches the causes of variances between planned and actual expenses. Works with other areas of the university (Office of Sponsored Projects, Sponsored Projects Accounting, Procurement, etc.) on a regular basis to solve complex problems related to labor allocation, accounting, and related issues.
- Establishes accounts in financial systems, re-budgets funds and monitors or modifies awards and expenditures. Completes expense and labor distributions transactions.
- Works with central administrators to set up subcontracts and track subsequent invoicing and payment.
- Attends training in special research administration topics to maintain up-to-date knowledge and best practices.
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within Dietrich College. Inclusion, collaboration, and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
You should demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to form alliances with individuals/group across the college and university.
- Adaptability and openness to change as the department and organization evolves.
- Ability to work well with others and/or as part of a team
- Ability to pay close attention to detail; keep and maintain accurate and detailed reports and records
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter: https://cmu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CMU/job/Pittsburgh-PA/Senior-Sponsored-Research-Administrator---Psychology-and-Statistics---Data-Science-Departments--Dietrich-College_2020801?q=pre-award