IRB Compliance Training Specialist or Senior Specialist
The Vice President for Research at the University of Virginia seeks an IRB Compliance Training Specialist or Senior Specialist to join their growing team. This position will report to the Training Development Manager but will be assigned to support the University’s Human Research Protection Program (HRPP) which is charged with assuring that research involving human participants is conducted ethically and responsibly. Specifically, this position will be tasked with working closely with stakeholders from both the Health Sciences Research (HSR) IRB, Social Behavioral Sciences (SBS) IRB, Post Approval Monitoring (PAM), and Clinical Trials Office to design, deliver, and coordinate robust educational programs for staff, board members, and research teams. Training content will include research ethics, responsible research design, regulatory compliance, and systems navigation.
This position is eligible to be in-person or hybrid. This position will be filled at either the Training Specialist or Senior Specialist level dependent upon the finalist’s education, experience, and qualifications.
Essential duties of this position include:
- Evaluate organizational needs to identify gaps in training.
- Collaborate to provide effective training solutions.
- Develop and deliver training curriculum/materials, select appropriate delivery mechanisms, facilitate instructor-led and/or web-based training, and monitor training effectiveness for the general workforce.
- Track completion of compliance-related training (initial, recurring, and event driven) and respond to non-compliance with the appropriate training solution.
- Standardize training for the two IRBs when possible and align when standardization is not appropriate.
- Serve as liaison with external training vendor (CITI), evaluating and vetting offerings.
- Plan and lead professional development events, such as conferences and learning programs.
- Stay current with applicable regulations, guidance and issues to the extent necessary to update and refresh educational content. This can and should be done in collaboration with area subject matter experts.
- Working with IRB compliance or conducting human subject research.
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Experience in developing and/or delivering training or instruction.
- Outstanding written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues virtually and in-person.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Instructional Design
- Experience with Articulate Storyline or similar programs
- Training Specialist:
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Experience: At least four years of experience. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Senior Training Specialist:
- Education: Master's degree
- Experience: At least seven years of experience. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Please apply online, and search for R0054792. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile by searching ‘Find Jobs.’ Complete an application online with the following documents:
- Cover letter
Upload all materials into the resume submission field, multiple documents can be submitted into this one field. Alternatively, merge all documents into one PDF for submission. Applications that do not contain all required documents will not receive full consideration.
References will be completed via UVA’s standardized process Skill Survey. A total of five references will be requested via SkillSurvey during the final phase of the interview process.
For questions about the application process, please contact Jessica Speth, Academic Recruiter.