Nursing Supervisor - Procedure Suite
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit organization providing adult cancer treatment and groundbreaking research focused on cancer and infectious diseases. Based in Seattle, Fred Hutch is the only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in Washington.
With a track record of global leadership in bone marrow transplantation, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunotherapy and COVID-19 vaccines, Fred Hutch has earned a reputation as one of the world’s leading cancer, infectious disease and biomedical research centers. Fred Hutch operates eight clinical care sites that provide medical oncology, infusion, radiation, proton therapy and related services, and network affiliations with hospitals in five states. Together, our fully integrated research and clinical care teams seek to discover new cures to the world’s deadliest diseases and make life beyond cancer a reality.
At Fred Hutch we value collaboration, compassion, determination, excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. These values are grounded in and expressed through the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our mission is directly tied to the humanity, dignity and inherent value of each employee, patient, community member and supporter. Our commitment to learning across our differences and similarities make us stronger. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an anti-racist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, anti-racism and inclusion.
Works with the clinic nurse manager to assure the provision of high-quality, evidence-based patient and family-centered care by supervising nursing staff and supporting nursing practice. Supports day-to-day nursing operations and quality assurance for the clinic population.
- Patient Population: The Procedure Suite provides a venue for invasive procedures, with or without moderate sedation or general anesthesia, to adult patients with hematologic malignancies, solid tumor cancers and screening procedures. Procedures include: bone marrow biopsy, aspiration and skin biopsy; GI and pulmonary endoscopy; lumbar puncture and intrathecal medication administration; and placement/removal of tunneled and non-tunneled central vascular access devices. Strong emphasis is placed on moderate sedation administration, our expanding Interventional Radiology suite with developments in CT/Angio biopsy, and on our unique RN-procedurist bone marrow procedure program. The procedure suite team also provides support for clinic emergency response events.
- Model of Care: Our model of care is patient centered, multidisciplinary, collaborative, and forward focused. We believe in just culture, shared values, continual improvement, and inclusive nurse leadership. We are diverse, innovative, respectful, and passionate about the care we provide our patients and their families.
- Hiring, training, supporting, disciplining and evaluating nursing staff.
- Assist in P&P, SOP, and patient education development.
- Assist in goal setting for the clinical service in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team and work towards achieving goals.
- Lead efforts towards Continuous Process Improvement for the clinical service
- Assist in assuring regulatory compliance with applicable standards.
- Further the practice of nursing within the clinical service by using current evidence to support change through committee and project work
- Nursing degree, either ADN or BSN
- Current, active Washington State Registered Nursing license
- Current BLS AHA Health Provider Card (or equivalent course, such as by the American Red Cross) and renewal required every two years.
- Additional certification may be required depending upon department.
- Minimum 2 years as a RN depending on the clinical specialty and 1 year of previous leadership experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven project management skills and committee experience
- Proficiency in basic computer skills (EMR, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure related to work/time deadlines
- Ability to provide feedback about staff performance to staff
- Strong teaching ability
- Ability to lead committees
- BSN or Master's degree in nursing or related field
- Active nursing specialty certification with a Fred Hutch-recognized certification
- Outpatient experience preferred.
The annual base salary range for this position is from $115,107.20 to $181,916.80 and pay offered will be based on experience and qualifications.
Relocation assistance may be available for this position.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center offers employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance health, well-being, and financial security. Benefits include medical/vision, dental, flexible spending accounts, life, disability, retirement, family life support, employee assistance program, onsite health clinic, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation (12-22 days per year), paid sick leave (12-25 days per year), paid holidays (13 days per year), paid parental leave (up to 4 weeks), and partially paid sabbatical leave (up to 6 months).