Staff Associate, Institutional Review Board Manager
Staff Associate, Institutional Review Board Manager
Bridgewater State University is an inclusive community dedicated to the lifelong success of all students, focused on the continuous improvement of its people, and responsible for leading innovation that benefits Southeastern Massachusetts, the commonwealth, and the world. Bridgewater’s accessible environment of teaching and learning stimulates critical thinking, pursuit of new knowledge, and deeper understanding, the cultivation of meaningful and diverse interpersonal relationships, and fostering an appreciation for global engagement.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is reflected in our institutional values, which ensure that all students are supported and succeed.
Bridgewater State University is equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. Members of underrepresented groups, and those committed to working in a diverse cultural environment, are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Institutional Review Board (IRB) Manager facilitates, provide supports, and oversees the review and determination of all research activities involving human subjects to protect them from harm, including their safety, rights, and welfare in compliance with federal IRB regulations for the Human Subjects Protections Program.
This position works closely with the IRB Chair and the IRB committee to facilitate the work of the IRB. The Manager, as part of the leadership team of the IRB, is committed to efficient and effective review of all internal research that involves human subjects. The IRB Manager oversees the intake, review, and renders decision of applications to the IRB.The successful candidate will provide guidance to faculty and staff who wish to submit an IRB application and will disseminate decisions on IRB applications submitted for review.
We seek equity-minded applicants who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, religion, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community and of the communities we serve.This position is located on campus in Bridgewater, MA. This position is eligible for hybrid / remote work in accordance with BSU remote work policy. Supervision Received: Reports to the Senior Associate Provost and Chief Data Officer
This is an APA position and is subject to the terms of that union agreement.
Position Type: APA Professional
1. Coordinate work of IRB
2. In collaboration with the IRB Chair and committee, ensures compliance with federal policies on Human Subjects Research
3. Oversee the Administrative Assistant’s work for the IRB assuring accurate and timely processing of all materials and record keeping
4. Attends all IRB meetings
5. Coordinates new member orientation and periodic member trainings
6. Liaison with principal investigators regarding human subject protections
7. Conduct designated reviews and renders decisions of IRB applications and research
8. Maintain, facilitate agreements with collaborative organizations utilizing BSU’s IRB
9. Collect and preserve IRB ethics training records for IRB applicants
10. Update university IRB website as needed
11. Review annually and update as necessary, in conjunction with the IRB committee, IRB university policies and procedures
12. Liaison with IT to update all IRB forms to assure accessibility to applicants
13. Remains current on federal rules and regulations to inform internal policy
14. Review and submit annual IRB Federal Wide Assurance (DHHS)
15. Review and submit annual Research Misconduct Assurance (ORI)
16. Maintain internal records, and facilitate communications at all levels and report as necessary, research misconduct allegations
17. Deliver university wide IRB training for students, faculty, and staff
18. Update and make available to the BSU community IRB templates, guidance, and training materials.
19. Support faculty, Librarians, staff, and student researchers through outreach (e.g., classroom visits; individual meetings)
20. Assist in the development of outreach strategies to increase observance to IRB protocols (regulations) and activity.
21. Develop systems to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of IRB procedures.
22. Other duties as assigned
Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Demonstrated ability to provide support and guidance to enhance an environment of compliance with federal IRB and university regulations.
- Ability to deal tactfully with others and to exercise discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to establish rapport and maintain positive working relationships with persons from various social locations (e.g., race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability and cultural and/or economic backgrounds).
- Ability to maintain accurate records and prepare general reports.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel (charts, graphs, and tables).
- Ability to communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing, with a diverse community.
- Ability to initiate and collaborate efficiently and effectively using sound judgment.
- Ability to understand, explain and apply the rules, regulations, policies, procedures, specifications, standards, and guidelines governing IRB department.
- Knowledge of US Department Health and Human Services (DHHS) regulations regarding 45 CFR 46 for Institutional Review Boards and the Common Rule.
- One to three years of IRB Board membership or having exercised oversight of an institutional IRB.
- Certification of IRB Professionals (CIP), required within 6 months
- Master’s degree
Bridgewater State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employee with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation for the application process, please complete and submit this electronic form: https://cm.maxient.com/reportingform.php?BridgewaterStateUniv&layout_id=18
Special Conditions for Eligibility:
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
This position is not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.
Salary Range: $55,000 - $65,000
Posting Number: S01012P
Open Date: 11/02/2023
Close Date: 12/3/2023
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position:
* A minimum of three (3) professional reference entries in space provided on the application form.
* Cover Letter
* Equity and Inclusion Statement- a personal statement on a candidate’s past efforts to enhance diversity, equity, and inclusion. The equity and inclusion statement is an opportunity for candidates to discuss scholarship, professional skills, and demonstrable experience that would enhance the university’s efforts to promote a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community. Equity and inclusion statements will be considered as part of a transparent and comprehensive review of candidates’ application materials.
To apply, visit https://jobs.bridgew.edu/postings/26432
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency