OSP Award Specialist-Research - 9766
The Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP) Award Specialist I provides post-award services to help Nemours research investigators develop and submit grant and other sponsored project proposals and administer the awards after they are received. The OSP Award Specialist I is an entry-level position that acts as a liaison between the PI, Grants Officer, contracts manager, clinical trials manager, and post-award accounting. The OSP Award Specialist I is responsible for providing services in various aspects of the proposal preparation phase, including interpretation of the sponsoring agency's guidelines, budget development, gathering documentation to support sub awards and subcontracts, coordination of required approvals, and regulatory requirements. Incumbent is responsible for the oversight and management of assigned PI research portfolios in terms of reviewing expenditures, reconciling award financials (budget, expense and invoicing) resolving financial discrepancies, reviewing and submitting cost transfers, and managing the award closeout process. The OSP Award Specialist I is responsible for helping manage a research portfolio over $6M in internal and extramural funding/expenditures or up to 60 proposals/year and to serve as a subject matter expert within the OSP for problem resolution for PI’s, Nemours associates, and external entities as needed.
- Manage funded projects, including Clinical Trials, in compliance with Nemours policies and standard operating procedures; when applicable, with consideration to external audits according to OMB (Office of Management and Budget), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and other federal and state guidelines.
- Create Activity number, update TimeKeeper profiles for Time & Effort and Payroll process, and create Epic RSH account when applicable.
- Responsible for post-award services including, day-to-day expense to budget financial management, analyze agreements and grant awards to determine administrative restrictions.
- Review and monitor subcontracts; create and maintain records of Research Subcontracts (RSUB) Purchase Orders (PO) for subrecipient PI invoice review and approval.
- Review, audit and approve expenditures and related documentations, process labor and non-labor cost transfers in accordance to sponsor allowability & requirements.
- Monitor expenditures, analyze variance of actual costs versus budget.
- Maintain updated financial projections according to activity dates and budget variances.
- Partner with Post-Award Accounting on activity number set-up, financial reviews, reconciliations, projections, close-outs, and final financial reporting (FFR).
- Ensure timely submission of the technical progress reports or deliverables by principal investigators in accordance with grant guidelines or contract provisions
- Experience with Research Administration (pre- and/or post-award) strongly preferred
- Experience in an academic or non-academic research healthcare organization, grants management and post-award experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree required