OSP Award Specialist-Research (REMOTE) - 9757
This is a remote position.
Under the direction of the OSP Manager, Grant Administration and Pre-Award Management, the Office of Sponsored Projects Award Specialist I provides pre-award services to help Nemours research investigators develop and submit grant and other sponsored project proposals and administer the awards after they are received. The OSP Award Specialist I is an entry-level position that acts as a liaison between the PI, Grants Officer, contracts manager, clinical trials manager, and post-award accounting. The OSP Award Specialist I is responsible for providing services in various aspects of the proposal preparation phase, including interpretation of the sponsoring agency's guidelines, budget development, gathering documentation to support sub awards and subcontracts, coordination of required approvals, and regulatory requirements. Incumbent is responsible for the oversight and management of assigned PI research proposals in terms of reviewing project budgets, understanding submission guidelines, identifying areas of potential concern or conflict with terms and conditions, and with some funders, the actual submission of proposals. The OSP Award Specialist I is responsible for helping manage a research portfolio over $6M in internal and extramural funding/expenditures or up to 60 proposals/year and to serve as a subject matter expert within the OSP for problem resolution for PI’s, Nemours associates, and external entities as needed.
- Assist Principal Investigators in developing grant proposals.
- Advise Principal Investigator and authorized signers regarding potential risks, prepare and collate subcontract documents and if applicable, ensure documents are in compliance with Uniform Guidance terms and conditions and other required federal regulations.
- Meet with Principal Investigator regularly to provide one-on-one personalized service and to collect and build administrative components of proposal.
- Assist in developing proposal budget in line with budget justification and commensurate with sponsor and Nemours policies.
- Create and update proposal record and route proposal for internal review and submission, submit draft contractual document, along with other necessary data, via populated record.
- Assemble complete application and perform preliminary review to ensure error-free submission.
- Serve as the primary source of expertise to ensure that proposals meet sponsor requirements; ensure regulatory compliance requirements; consult with appropriate managerial staff on any exceptions to Institutional policy, including program matching commitments, facilities, and administrative rates, etc.
- Analyze and understand complex information from multiple sources including funding opportunity announcements, sponsor submission procedures, and sponsor electronic research processes and procedures.
- Keep abreast of laws, regulations, external and internal policies, and procedures governing the administration of grants and cooperative agreements.
- Work with Principal Investigator to refine proposals for resubmission, if necessary.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- At least 3 years experience in an academic or non-academic research healthcare organization
- Experience with Research Administration (pre- and/or post-award) strongly preferred