The Department of Research Development of the University of New Orleans is seeking an experienced professional to serve as a Grant Writer.
Remote Work Allowed Two Days Per Week
We offer an outstanding work/life balance. After six months of employment, you will be eligible to work from home two days per week. Our employees enjoy 14 holidays per year and two weeks off around Christmas. During the summer, you will have the option to work four 10-hour days if you wish.
- Located on the southern shore of Lake Pontchartrain, only 15 minutes from the French Quarter, the University of New Orleans occupies a 195-acre campus in one of the finest residential areas of the city.
- Ranked Top 50 in the Nation for Social Mobility by U.S. News & World Report.
- The Brookings Institution ranked UNO third in the nation for providing equal access to higher education for students from all income levels.
- For years, UNO has appeared on U.S. News & World Report's least debt list (schools whose graduates have the least amount of debt) among national universities.
UNO Welcomes Job Applicants from Diverse Backgrounds
Founded in 1958, the University of New Orleans was the first integrated university to open in the South. Given its history of educational access for all, UNO is committed to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion - core values that inform all we do.
The Grant Writer will find and match grant opportunities for University researchers and scholars, write grant proposals, and conduct final edits of grant proposals. The specific duties include the following.
Find and match funding opportunities to University faculty:
- Create and maintain database of faculty expertise.
- Create and maintain schedule of proposal deadlines.
- Maintain database of proposals, level of review and success rate.
Write grant proposals and perform final edits of grant proposals:
- Create and update templates for standard portions of proposals.
- Providing research support for the content development as well as stylistic and substantive editing of documents and presentation materials.
- Conduct reference and fact checking as well as preparation of evidence tables to ensure that documents and presentations are well organized, well written, and adhere to appropriate conventions of standard written English.
- Assemble and write proposals and other materials in coordination with researchers and other Office of Research members.
- Proofread all materials to ensure they match approved copy exactly and the format, organization, alignment, and spacing of copy and graphics are consistent and adhere to established standards for grant/contract agency.
- Oversee strategic development of grant proposals by PIs, including encouragement of early identification of opportunities, training of PIs, facilitation of proposal preparation, and enhancement of proposal quality prior to submission (e.g. pre-review of editorial and technical aspects); minimize preparation burden on PIs and ensure high quality customer service.
- Oversee proposal submission process to ensure on time submission and highest quality proposals; minimize submission burden on PIs and ensure high quality customer service.
- Develop network of internal and external technical and editorial reviewers and utilize their services as needed for grant proposals.
Grant writing support activities:
- Assist with proposal routing form, budgets, ERP proposal entry (in Workday) and other proposal forms.
- Coordinate grant development training for PIs and proposal development administrators; work with Compliance and Training Officer to ensure training quality, implementation, and outcomes.
- Collaborate as needed on University wide grant proposal development and submission.
- Discover and implement best practices. Report on Office of Research proposal and scholarly development success and efficiency. Maintain accurate and timely records to track progress of multiple projects and deliverables. Provide regular updates for faculty members and project leadership.
- Host grant writing workshops for researchers.
- Attend conferences or visit program officers out of state as directed.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- At least three years of experience in grant writing or a closely related field.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of grammar rules.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with demonstrated ability to create high-quality documents that effectively and clearly convey research concepts and recommendations to targeted audiences, communicating key messages clearly and concisely.
- Strong ability to collaborate and communicate with multidisciplinary contributors through multiple cycles of editing and revision to produce coherent and authoritative final documents.
- Ability to organize time and multiple projects efficiently and effectively to meet the demands of competing priorities and deadlines. Ability to conceptualize graphics and other visual aids that support and enhance text.
- Proficiency with standard Office software including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, and current web browsers (Explorer, Chrome, or Firefox).
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills and ability to work collegially with a small, close-knit team.
- Ability to work productively with great autonomy and minimal supervision, and equally able to take direction, elicit input from others, and respond to feedback.
- Ability to make effective presentations to faculty members and other authors in face-to-face meetings and on telephone conference calls.
Starting Salary Range:
$50,000 to $60,000 per year depending on experience and qualifications.
Excellent Employee Benefits Package
Generous vacation and sick leave. Affordable health, dental, and vision insurances. Retirement plan. And more.
The University of New Orleans is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
To apply, please visit: https://ulsuno.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UniversityOfNewOrleans/job/New-Orleans-La/Grant-Writer_R-001114
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency