Post-Award Financial Research Analyst
Under specific direction, the Financial Research Analyst will partner with Faculty to provide financial planning and analysis along with compliance management to ensure that sponsored research projects and Institute funds are managed according to institutional and sponsor policy requirements.
The Financial Research Analyst will be responsible for managing Faculty financial portfolios ranging from standard to more complex depending on the needs of the Institute.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements fiscal strategies to manage laboratory operations and minimize risk to the portfolio and Institute
- Prepares financial forecasts for faculty laboratory operations
- Participates in meetings to present financial projections and provide financial business recommendations
- Creates accounts and budgets
- Prepares and ensures the accuracy and integrity of various financial and other reports
- Analyzes and approves expenditures
- Manages personnel effort allocations
- Facilitates cost reimbursement invoices
- Prepares and processes adjusting journal entry transactions
- Reviews and distributes financial reports
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skill and abilities have been attained
- Minimum of one year of related experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks with a strong use of initiative and precise attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage time effectively with the highest degree of accuracy while working in an environment of fluctuating priorities and frequent interruptions
- Ability to recognize issues and resolve them with minimal supervision
- Possess excellent customer service skills with the ability to interact in a positive, professional and courteous manner
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to compose effective business correspondences
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial data
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Professional proficiency in Microsoft Office, with strong Excel skills and the ability to compile, manipulate and optimize data
- Embody the Institute’s core values of Commitment, Collaboration, Communication, Community and Compassion
No, this position does not have any formal supervisory responsibilities
The expected hiring range for this position is $31.78-$35.75/hour per hour, commensurate with experience.
Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability – committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals.