Senior Contracts and Grants Specialist/Grants Manager - Sign on Bonus
Prepares grant and contract budget and application. Finalizes documents for submission. Validate proposal error and/or warnings. Knowledgeable in all funding mechanisms and interprets of federal, state, University, sponsor policies and regulations and requirements to ensure compliance and adherence to those policies.
- Provides consultation, advice, and directions to all level staff and faculty regarding grant and/or contracting issue resolution.
- Translates program requirements into contract terms in consultation with principal investigator (PI) and management. Identifies, develops, and ensures contract requirements contain quantifiable specification and measurable performance criteria. Validates the performance criteria will meet the requirements. Ensures all results are completed and submitted to sponsor.
- Reviews sponsor guidelines and request for proposals, interpret and communicate compliance and eligibility information to research faculty and staff. Seeks information to obtain better understanding of processes. Identifies inconsistencies in process and develops suggestions for improvements to ensure higher quality processes in conjunction with the Office of Research of Development.
- Maintains all close documentation for the department and the sub awards. Seeks approvals for invention statement and publications have been completed in ERA commons.
- Interprets data for the purpose of determining past financial performance to develop and prepare financial reports for financial analysis, forecasting, and trending. Devises financial reporting tools and reports. Recommends overall adjustments in effort allocation and spending across investigator portfolio. Provides PI and management with adhoc reports in support of strategic plan.
- Develops safeguards to ensure the integrity of grant administration or contracts and protects the University from financial losses. Ensures sub-awards are also in compliance with terms and conditions of the award.
- Identifies issues and resolves independently. Anticipates roadblocks and able to independently resolve proactively.
- Develops evaluation criteria for review of grant and contract applications. Reviews and interprets funding agency guidelines and regulations and advises faculty as to policies and procedures of those agencies as well as those of the state and University.
- Develops timeline to meet submission deadlines and checklist of required documents and independently adjusts timeline to adapt to change. Adhere to set timelines. Independently prioritizes processes to ensure timelines are met.
- Provides guidance on staffing and budgetary requirements. Reviews and maintains documentation related to cost transfers, requests for expenditures, effort reporting, budget revisions, and fund statements. Coordinates invoicing, accounts receivable, and deposits in the financial system and ensures payments are applied correctly. Anticipates spending to ensure contract funds are fully utilized with in contract date.
- Interacts directly with designation sponsor representatives to clarify ambiguous terms and conditions, and to request supplemental funding, no cost extensions, and other administrative requests.
- Identifies future funding opportunities and work with PI to identify research components
- Acts as point of contact for all UMB parties and sponsors involved in the negotiation process
- Maintains, identifies, and resolves any delinquent trainings, conflict of interest, and any other institutional compliance requirements.
- May provide work coordination or oversight of others.Performs other duties as assigned