Staff Associate, Institutional Review Board Manager
Staff Associate, Institutional Review Board Manager
Bridgewater State University is an inclusive community dedicated to the lifelong success of all students, focused on the continuous improvement of its people, and responsible for leading innovation that benefits Southeastern Massachusetts, the commonwealth, and the world. Bridgewater’s accessible environment of teaching and learning stimulates critical thinking, pursuit of new knowledge, and deeper understanding, the cultivation of meaningful and diverse interpersonal relationships, and fostering an appreciation for global engagement.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is reflected in our institutional values, which ensure that all students are supported and succeed.
Bridgewater State University is equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. Members of underrepresented groups, and those committed to working in a diverse cultural environment, are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Institutional Review Board Manager facilitates, provide supports, and oversees the review and determination of all research activities involving human subjects to protect their safety, rights, and welfare in compliance with Institutional Review Board (IRB) regulations for the Human Subjects Protections Program.
This position works closely with the IRB Chair and IRB membership in facilitating the daily activities of the IRB, provides guidance as needed and renders decisions on IRB applications submitted for review. The Manager as part of the leadership team of the IRB, is committed to efficient and effective review of all internal research that involves human subjects. The IRB Manager oversees the intake, review and decision dissemination of all applications to the IRB.
We seek equity-minded applicants who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, religion, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community and of the communities we serve.
Supervision Received: Reports to the Senior Associate Provost and Chief Data Officer
This is an APA position and is subject to the terms of that union agreement.
Position Type: APA Professional
1. Coordinate work of IRB a. In collaboration with the IRB Chair and committee, ensures compliance with federal policies on Human Subjects Researchb. Oversee the Administrative Assistant’s work for the IRB assuring accurate and timely processing of all materials and record keepingc. Attends all IRB meetingsd. Coordinates new member orientation and periodic member trainings2. Liaison with principal investigators regarding human subject protectionsa. Advises Pl’s regarding federal and university policiesb. Requests additional information when necessary for a complete application submissionc. Receives and processes reports of unanticipated problems and/or adverse events3. Conduct designated reviews of all IRB applications and researcha. Reviews and renders decisions on research applications in accordance with federal and university guidelines including exempt and expedited researchb. Reviews and renders decisions on research application amendments, continuing reviews in accordance with federal and university policy, rules, and regulationsc. Facilitates full committee review as neededd. Secure facility community representative(s) such as a Prisoner Advocate, and others, as needed. Arrange for the inclusion of the outside review when necessary.e. Meet weekly with IRB Chair to review selected protocols and other issues as may arise.4. Maintain, facilitate agreements with collaborative organizations utilizing BSU’s IRB 5. Maintain IRB ethics training records6. Maintain IRB website for the University7. Maintain all IRB university policy and procedures; review annually and update as needed8. Maintain online IRB application and review system upgrades, rewrites, and policy changes9. Remains current on federal rules and regulations and updates internal policies and applications as needed10. Deliver university wide IRB training for students, faculty and staff11. Maintain IRB Federal Wide Assurance (DHHS)12. Maintain Research Misconduct Assurance (ORI)13. Maintain records of research misconduct allegations14. Maintain IRB templates, guidance, training materials; update as needed15. Support faculty, Librarians, staff and student research through outreach (e.g., classroom visits; individual meetings with researchers).16. Other duties as assigned
Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Commitment to providing support and guidance to enhance an environment of compliance with federal IRB and university regulations.
- Ability to deal tactfully with others and to exercise discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to establish rapport and maintain harmonious working relationships with persons from various social locations (e.g. race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability and cultural and/or economic backgrounds).
- Ability to maintain accurate records and prepare general reports.
- Ability to prepare and use charts, graphs, and tables.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and professionally, both verbally and in writing with a diverse community.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to understand, explain and apply the rules, regulations, policies, procedures, specifications, standards and guidelines governing departmental activities.
- Knowledge of US Department Health and Human Services (DHHS) regulations regarding 45 CFR 46 for Institutional Review Boards and the Common Rule.
- One to three years of IRB Board membership or having exercised oversight of an institutional IRB.
- Master’s degree in a social science discipline
- Certification of IRB Professionals (CIP)
Bridgewater State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employee with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation for the application process, please complete and submit this electronic form: https://cm.maxient.com/reportingform.php?BridgewaterStateUniv&layout_id=18
Special Conditions for Eligibility:
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
This position is not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement This position must comply with the University Covid-19 Attestation requirement. All employees must be fully vaccinated and complete the Covid-19 Attestation upon hire.Medical or Religious ExemptionsAn employee may request an exemption to the vaccination requirement based on the existence of medical contraindication to vaccination. In addition, an employee may request an exemption to the vaccination requirement based on a sincere religious belief. In both cases, an employee will be required to submit documentation to support the request for an exemption. Employees who secure an exemption may be required to take additional precautions in the workplace and are strongly encouraged to test weekly through the university’s Wellness Center. We are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome, and included.
Salary Range: $55,000 - $65,000
Posting Number: S00965P
Open Date: 05/12/2023
Close Date: 6/25/2023
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position:
a minimum of one (1) employment history entry.
a minimum of three (3) professional reference entries.
To apply, visit https://jobs.bridgew.edu/postings/25140
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency