PRISM Grants, Contracts and Staff Manager
PRISM Grants, Contracts and Staff Manager
Washington State University College of Medicine
The Grants, Contracts, and Staff Manager position is responsible for managing all grants, contracts, fiscal and administrative staff at the Promoting Research Initiatives in Substance Use and Behavioral Health (PRISM) Collaborative, which includes multiple investigators and an operating budget of over $4 million annually.
In this capacity, the Grants, Contracts, and Staff Manager will manage the strategic pre-award grant and contract process, post-award grant and contract management, strategic budgeting, and management of fiscal and administrative staff. This position also includes leading PRISM level activities and liaising with Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine (ESFCOM) Office of Research and Business Services, WSU Sponsored Program Services (SPS), and multiple external partners. The Grants, Contracts, and Staff Manager will act on the behalf of the PRISM director and have the authority to make fiscal and operational decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
35% Post Award Management, Analysis, and Strategic Planning
35% PRISM Fiscal and Administrative Staff Supervision
25% Grant and Contracts Management
5% Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in a related field, and four (4) years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified which has included at least one (1) year of supervisory experience. Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience managing and/or submitting grants and contracts or related activities
- Demonstrated commitment to a work environment that supports diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and similar products(e.g., Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage client and peer relationships.
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team.
- Experience with WSU or similar higher educational fiscal software and systems.
- Experience coordinating all fiscal activities for a complex research team.
- Experience working with multiple principal investigators.
- Experience in pre- and post-award management of NIH and similar federal grants.
- Proficiency with Workday
- Experience working with diverse community partners (e.g., universities, AI/AN communities, healthcare agencies).
This position is intended to be based in Spokane but could be located at another WSU campus or a hybrid work accommodation may be available.
Department Link: https://www.prismcollab.org/
Monthly Salary: $4,942.10 - 6,912.69; commensurate with qualifications.
In accordance with RCW 49.58.110, the above salary reflects the full salary range for this position. Individual placement within the range is based on the candidate’s current experience, education, skills, and abilities related to the position. Successful candidates typically begin up to mid-point of the salary range. For more information regarding Administrative Professional (AP) Compensation at Washington State University (WSU), please visit the following website: https://hrs.wsu.edu/managers/classification-compensation/ap-compensation-structure/.
WSU offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid sick and vacation leave; paid holidays; medical, dental, life and disability insurance package for employees and dependents; retirement; deferred compensation and optional supplemental retirement accounts.
For a more detailed summary of benefits offered by WSU for AP staff visit: https://hrs.wsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/2023-Benefit-Overview-for-Faculty-and-AP.pdf. Find total compensation information here: https://hrs.wsu.edu/managers/recruitment-toolkit/total-compensation/.
FTE: 100% FTE
This is a permanent position.
Posting Screening and Close Dates: The screening of applications will begin May 18, 2023: Applicants must submit their completed application by May 31, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. (close date).
Apply directly at: https://wsu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WSU_Jobs/job/PRISM-Grants--Contracts-and-Staff-Manager_R-9432
Please direct any questions to Jessica Dauer, Jessica.email@example.com.