Proposal Development Specialist II - Telecommute Eligible
POSITION: Proposal Development Specialist II
Full-Time / Benefited / Hourly / Non-Exempt
RECRUITMENT ID: 966
COMPENSATION: $26.02 - $35.58 per hour
LOCATION: This position will be eligible for primarily telecommuting with the expectation of occasionally working in the office at 25 Main Street, Chico, CA. Candidate must be a California resident at the start of the position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Reporting to the Manager of Grant Development and Pre-award Services, the incumbent will serve the CSU Chico campus community in the preparation and submission of grant and contract proposals to external funding sources including federal, state, public, private and non-profit agencies. The incumbent provides services that take proposals from concept to proposal development and submission, as well as related activities to advance a robust diversity of grant-funded program activities undertaken by university faculty and their associates.
- Work directly with university faculty and project directors to provide advice and guidance through the grant development process beginning with the conceptual stage.
- Provide grant strategy expertise and resources, including identifying funding opportunities.
- Research, interpret and explain funding agency, federal, regional and campus requirements and regulations.
- Review all proposal documentation and budgets for completeness, accuracy, and ensure compliance with funding agency, campus, and other regulations.
- Assist faculty with digital proposal document development and submission process using specialized pre-award software.
- Prepare and review detailed and often complex, multi-year budgets.
- On behalf of project directors, coordinate proposal documentation with internal and external collaborators and partners
- Work within tight deadlines to complete proposal documentation and secure approvals for submission via an electronic research administration system.
- Develop and maintain contacts with funding agencies as appropriate.
- Perform outreach activities including making presentations to groups on campus; funding searching and training; distribution of funding opportunity announcements; and developing newsletters and other channels of communication.
- Work collaboratively with other CSE administration departments for policy and procedure development and maintenance.
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS: Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, Master’s degree preferred. Designation as a Certified Research Administrator is a plus. Directly related work experience in a university or similar environment preferred. Additionally required job skills include:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with budgeting and/or grants.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and explain funding agency requirements and federal regulations, and service orientation.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, team-oriented, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience coordinating tasks and reviewing documents requiring significant attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written, oral, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Requires computer competency, preferably in a PC environment and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; an ERA system such as Cayuse; and database searching.
BENEFITS: Benefits for employees working 30 hours or more per week include employer paid life insurance ($50,000) and long-term disability; options for health, dental, and vision insurance; FSA; 14 paid holidays including 1 personal holiday; vacation accrual (initially 10 days/year); sick leave (up to 12 days/year); employer contributions to your 403(b) retirement plan (up to 8%).
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered, submit the following documents by May 22, 2023. Documents submitted after this date will not be considered.
- Cover Letter
BY EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paper applications will not be accepted; however, Chico State Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is happy to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants at any step of the application process. If you need assistance in this regard, or are having technical difficulties, please contact the Human Resources office at 530-898-6811 or email@example.com prior to 5:00 pm on the document deadline date. The employer is Chico State Enterprises, a non-profit corporation serving as an auxiliary organization of California State University, Chico. Employment is considered to be at-will.