Associate Research Administrator
Exciting Career Opportunity!
The Keck School of Medicine (KSOM) of USC is seeking an experienced Associate Research Administrator to join the KSOM Office of Research Administration serving the research community of the Keck School of Medicine.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Prepares complex proposals within parameters of sponsored and non-sponsored research guidelines.
- Develops, prepares, revises, and finalizes project budgets, and provides budget justification.
- Collaborates with the Sponsored Research Offices to ensure awards are set up properly, including cost-sharing requirements.
- Reviews grant expenditures
- Develops and communicates reports supporting project status. Creates effective forecasting and decision aids.
- Manages contract closeout process and audits inquiries.
- Serves as a Research Administration subject matter expert.
- Interprets complex University and government policies.
- Identifies and implements process improvements.
- May negotiate and communicate with federal and state sponsors, industry sponsors, other institutions, and/or University schools or divisions in regard to application issues.
The hourly rate range for this position is between $40.60 - $48.72.