Research Administrator 2
UC Davis Medical Center
Research Administrator 2
Salary Range: $25.77 - $48.95 Hourly
The Research Administrator position reports directly to the Division Manager who has oversight of the clinical, educational, and research activities of the afore-mentioned divisions. This position will work closely and collaboratively with faculty (principalinvestigators), trainees and staff located on both the Davis and Sacramento campuses. This position serves as key pre-award and compliance expert in University Policy and Procedure for grants, contracts, and financial and personnel procedures as they relate tointra – and extramural funding. Independently gathers, manages, and analyzes award data from a variety of revenue streams, including federal grants, private grants, gifts and other funding sources. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining research data associated with the research awards. Required skills include knowledge and experience in budget preparation, analysis and forecasting with ability to control complex budgets.
• Interdepartmental pre- and post-award experience
• Experience in budget preparation and guidelines for Federal, State, and private granting agencies
• Advanced knowledge of electronic grant applications including eRA Commons, MyNCBI, Cayuse SP, Cayuse424, Proposal Central, Fastlane, and Foundation portals
• Advanced editing skills to write and comprehend scientific data for preparation of research grant proposals. Proofreading skills to identify errors and ability to correct errors and produce error-free work
• Knowledge of budget preparation and guidelines for Federal, State, and private granting agencies
• Knowledge and ability to coordinate, produce, and execute contract/agreement and grant submissions to Federal, State, industry foundations and various funding agencies.
• Ability to interpret, comprehend and comply with university, State and Federal guidelines, policies and procedures as it relates to the submission and management of contract and grant applications
• Skills to exercise independent judgment to research, analyze, troubleshoot, and problem solve inquiries and concerns in an objective and constructive manner; excellent problem solving skills and ability to provide conflict resolution without guidance
• Skills to simultaneously organize projects and to set priorities to effect project completion within stated deadlines; ability to complete tasks accurately, neatly and quickly under pressure of deadlines and other duties
• Knowledge of administrative practices and procedures; skills, knowledge and abilities to recognize, spell and use standard English correctly; abilities to recognize, spell and correctly use medical, technical and scientific terminology
• Ability to analyze financial data and reports and make meaningful conclusions
• Knowledge of University accounting policies and procedures
• Knowledge and experience in effective use of multi-user computer network systems and applicable financial management software.
• Knowledge and experience in UC Path, Decision Support and Kuali
• Ability to work overtime as necessary.
• This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
• The University of California has implemented a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination Policy (ucop.edu) covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, employees must submit proof of vaccination or a University-approved exception or deferral.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at:
Job ID #44676
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer