The (Senior) Post Award Financial Analyst in the Office of Sponsored Programs at Virginia Tech serves as part of a team responsible for managing the post award financial activities and exercising sound financial stewardship of sponsored programs ensuring compliance with university and sponsor policies, procedures, and requirements. Responsibilities include managing receivables, managing financial drawdowns, administering ownership of equipment associated with sponsored funding, monitoring post award financial functions, ensuring compliance with governmental letters of credit, financial reporting, and payment reconciliations, and working with financial resources from the Virginia Tech Foundation. Works closely with the supervisor and grants management and financial management teams to resolve financial discrepancies. Possesses strong organizational and detail-orientation skills, and uses sound accounting skills in the execution of daily accounting activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or significant relevant bookkeeping or accounting experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated experience and/or college coursework with emphasis on accounting, finance or government/business regulations and administration
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Knowledge of federal and non-federal grants and/or contract regulations
- Previous research administration experience (required for senior post award financial analyst)
- Experience working in a research, higher education, or government environment
This position is located on the main Virginia Tech campus in Blacksburg, Virginia. A hybrid work arrangement is available and will be confirmed upon hire.
For more information about this position and how to apply, please visit www.jobs.vt.edu and search for posting 524199.
Virginia Tech is an equal opportunity / affirmative action institution.