The Grants Hub, Iowa State’s central research development unit within the Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR), is seeking an experienced Grants Specialist II to provide pre-award support to Iowa State researchers through proposal and budget development for external funding opportunities.
The Grants Specialist will consult with researchers from all colleges and disciplines on request for proposal (RFP) requirements and sponsor expectations, be responsible for developing budgets and budget justifications, coordinate proposal document routing and submission, develop pre-award resources and training materials, and serve as a subject matter expert for both researchers and other sponsored funding support staff across campus. The Grants Specialist must be able to work effectively in a deadline-driven environment, both independently and as part of a collaborative team. The successful candidate will have exceptional organizational and time management skills; oral and written communications skills; customer service skills; proactive problem-solving skills; a high attention-to-detail; and the ability to adjust to shifting deadlines and priorities.
• Intermediate-level position with solid professional and/or technical skills working under general supervision to achieve goals
• Applies broad, working knowledge of the principles of the field to moderately complex, difficult, and varied problems and issues
• Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action and resolve problems
• Responds to a broad range of inquiries and requests
• May provide training and/or direction to lower-level staff
• May lead projects of moderate scope and complexity
• Provides guidance to students
Why Choose ISU?
Iowa State University is committed to fostering a workplace of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value. Our Iowa State Employees enjoy comprehensive health and work life benefits, including medical and dental; as well as:
• Retirement benefits including defined benefit and defined contribution plans
• Generous vacation, holiday and sick time and leave plans
• Onsite childcare (Ames, Iowa)
• Life insurance and long-term disability
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Various voluntary benefits and discounts
• Employee Assistance Program
• Wellbeing program
• This job may also be eligible for flexible work schedules and flexible workplace options that may include flexible working hours and a hybrid working environment.
If you are interested in this position please apply on the Iowa State University careers website.
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011