Grants & Contracts Specialist, Post-Award (Hybrid)
Job Identification: 845
Locations: , , , ,
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Research & Program Admin
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Guided by an ethic of Vincentian personalism and professionalism, DePaul compassionately upholds the dignity of all members of its diverse, multi-faith, and inclusive community. We seek to hire collaborative, open-minded, and dedicated professionals who are committed to advancing our university mission to making education accessible to all, with special attention to including underserved and underrepresented communities. Successful candidates thrive in an environment where ideas and perspectives representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds and experiences are welcome and supported.
As part of the Office of Research Service's award management team, this position provides comprehensive support for and monitoring of all actions associated with DePaul's externally funded grant awards, and it promotes the effective and the compliant use of grant funds by DePaul centers with multiple grant awards.
Is This You?
- Manage a portfolio of grant awards through the completion of:
• Initiation of award setup
• Review and approval of salary allocations, re-allocations, and redistributions including summer salary
• Verification of training relevant to sponsored funding (PI award trainings, RCR, etc.)
• Subaward and consultant agreement preparation, negotiation, and execution
• No Cost Extensions (NCE) and other prior approval requests
• Expense review and approvals
• Personnel review and approvals
• Funding projections and balances
• Account closeouts
• Interpretation of university and sponsor policies
- For all externally funded grant awards, monitors and manages expenses associated with personnel assigned entirely or partially to the corresponding grant accounts. In doing so, maintains a comprehensive, up-to-date schedule of faculty distributions and course buyouts; collaborates with college budget managers to process salary reallocations and redistributions; resolves grant-related salary budget issues identified by Restricted Accounting or other DePaul offices; reviews requested personnel actions.
- Coordinates the process for disbursing summer faculty compensation from all external grant awards. In doing so, draws on a range of information from Blue Sky and from grant awards and budgets; collaborates with college budget managers to determines summer payments; and monitors for faculty over-commitments. Compiles an annual spreadsheet to guide the submission of payment requests by college-level business offices. As summer compensation is paid, confirms accuracy of payments and works with Restricted Accounting to assign the correct benefits associated with the summer faculty compensation.
- For DePaul Centers funded by multiple external grant awards, collaborates with Principal Investigators and college budget managers to promote the effective and compliant use of grant funds. This includes providing monitoring and support to help ensure that staff are appropriately funded ; grant funds are utilized as proposed; residual balances under service agreements are satisfactorily assigned; budget modification requests are correctly prepared, as needed; and extensions are considered and solicited as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA required. Continuing education in Human Resource Management helpful.
- This position is integral to the management of approximately 115 active grant awards totaling $32 million and of approx. 300 internal grants totaling $4.3 million.
Other Skills & Abilities Required
- Excel or Database program (Access) required.
For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter.
- Working for a stable and well-known University that values diversity and inclusion.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Generous paid time off, sick time, holidays, floating holidays, and more!
- Matching retirement plan up to 10%.
- Tuition waivers for employees and dependents!
- Full-Time Benefits
- Part-Time Benefits
Required Background Check:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer of employment will undergo a background check.
Required COVID-19 Vaccination:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent upon receiving all recommended doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, including the booster, or having a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. To request a religious or medical exemption, please email email@example.com.
Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS)
Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act
Title IX Contact Information
Federal Title IX policy requires that all colleges and universities make known the contact information for the person responsible for coordinating its efforts to comply with Title IX responsibilities. The Title IX Office is on the Lincoln Park campus on the 3rd floor of the Student Center, 2250 N. Sheffield Avenue. The Title IX Office can be reached at 312-362-8970 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.