Compliance Manager – Innovation
Compliance Manager – Innovation
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
The Compliance Manager ensures institutional compliance with Bayh-Dole regulations by Dana-Farber for all federally funded intellectual property and reporting obligations regarding intellectual property to other not-for-profit research sponsors. These responsibilities are achieved in part through a team of junior compliance staff who report to the Compliance Manager.
- Oversees a team of junior compliance staff responsible for recording and reporting intellectual property disclosures and filed patent applications to external sponsors.
- Is responsible for compliance matters for all DFCI Intellectual Property Disclosures.
- Understands and is responsible for compliance with regulations pertaining to the management of federally funded IP with general counsel support as needed.
- Manages all applicable patent filing and reporting timelines (including requesting federal approval for extensions of deadlines) for title election, initial patent filing and initial non-provisional patent filing.
- Ensures that proper government support statements are included in filed patent applications.
- Understands and is responsible for compliance regulations around management of 3rd party managed IP in which Dana-Farber is a joint owner with manager help as needed.
- Independently responds to inquiries from internal and external parties regarding compliance requirements for intellectual property.
- Independently drafts complex written messages to respond to compliance inquiries and to educate faculty and staff at Dana-Farber regarding compliance at Dana-Farber.
- Coordinates and attends meetings with investigators and other parties, with lead role in discussions for all compliance matters.
- Articulates institutional policies and practices to investigators and external parties.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, law or science is required.
- 5 years of related experience required in academic technology transfer, or in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and/or technology industries.
- Advanced comprehension of scientific publications and IP law.
- Experience with managing and mentoring small teams.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, proactive communication.
- Outstanding interpersonal and team building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to independently identify problems and suggest creative solutions.
- Ability to concurrently manage numerous complex projects, transactions, opportunities, and relationships with potentially competing deadlines.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and complex organization with multiple stakeholders.
To learn more and to apply, please visit: https://careers.dana-farber.org/compliance_manager_innovation_
About Dana-Farber Cancer Institute:
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We are united in our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS, and related diseases. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment where we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.