Contract & Grants Manager
Department: Sponsored Programs
Locations: Albany, NY
Posted: Jul 29, 2022
Closes: Open Until Filled
Position ID: 151133
About The Research Foundation for SUNY:
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York (RF) is the largest comprehensive university-connected research foundation in the country.
Our mission is to provide talent, services, and technology that empower SUNY to research, innovate, and transfer discoveries that transform the world's knowledge economy.
Our vision is to make SUNY the best place for faculty, students, and staff to research, innovate and solve the world's most pressing problems.
The RF serves SUNY by providing essential administrative services that enable SUNY faculty to focus their efforts on the education of students and the performance of life-changing research across a wide range of disciplines including medicine, engineering, physical sciences, energy, computer science, and social sciences. We work with the academic and business leadership of SUNY campuses to support research and discovery through the administration of sponsored projects and technology transfer and management of intellectual property for public benefit and economic growth.
The RF is committed to diversity, inclusion, and a working environment that enhances productivity creates personal and professional opportunities, unleashes everyone's full potential, and fuels innovation. We hold the organization and each other to the highest standards of integrity, accountability, and ethical behavior.
Visit www.rfsuny.org and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Learn about SUNY at www.suny.edu.
This is a supervisory position for an experienced contracts manager in sponsored programs administration in higher education.
Reporting to the VP for Sponsored Programs & Regulatory Affairs, the Contract and Grants Manager will provide sponsored program contract review, negotiation, and contract management for SUNY System Administration programs managed through the Sponsored Programs Office (SPO). This position will be responsible for administering a broad range of sponsored program agreements including their regulatory compliance.
The Contract & Grants Manager will be responsible for the following:
• Review and negotiation of sponsored program agreements, including but not limited to, contracts, grants, MOUs, confidentiality/non-disclosure, as well as subcontracts and other miscellaneous legal documents. The role holder is expected to work independently in contracts and compliance areas and will have signature authority for most System Administration RF contracts.
• Provide daily technical support and facilitation to SUNY System Administration on an array of post-award program management matters concerning policies, procedures, principal director certifications, conflict regulations, regulation interpretation, sponsor collection issues, and dispute resolution. Support to SUNY System Administration will also include preparation and oversight of budget and contract modifications and monitoring awards terminating to ensure new and/or renewal awards are issued as appropriate.
• Review, analyze, and obtained missing information, including billing requirements to complete award establishment in the Oracle Grants Management module. Produce and review and act as Quality Assurance on Award Abstracts.
• Review of sponsored program awards/contracts guidelines to determine if cost share award is appropriate.
• Review and verify budget information including appropriate facilities and administrative rate for awards/contracts received, including but not limited to working with the campus as needed on finalizing appropriate budget data for award input based upon sponsor restrictions.
• Perform review of complex contractual documents noting deficiencies and/or other unusual items for legal and administrative review prior to execution, including submission of insurance certificates, where appropriate. Responsible for tracking such contractual documents for receipt of a fully executed copy.
• Review, assist and verify budgetary elements and post-award reporting data and deliverables.
• Manage and oversee billings and sponsor financial reporting for SUNY System Administration programs.
• Provide guidance to pre-post staff to assure accurate input and interpretation of sponsor requirements and regulations affecting awards.
• Participate in training on pre and post-award functions to program personnel and assist with the development of local policies and procedures.
• Assist Operations Manager as a point of contact for corporate and sponsor audits.
• Other duties and projects as required or requested.
• Bachelor's degree with 3-4 years of experience negotiating contracts and or grants preferably in a sponsored programs environment. A combination of education and experience may be considered. The role requires outstanding analytical and communication skills or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Juris Doctorate preferred. Several more years' experience can substitute for JD.
• Must have experience in interpreting government regulations.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Federal and State regulations is essential. An in-depth understanding of sponsored program policies and regulations with the goal of facilitating research administration is preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, as well as the ability to think critically, in order to successfully research, analyze and present complex issues.
• Able to supervise and train staff and manage workloads.
• Demonstrated ability to assemble and work in teams with a strong commitment to excellence in customer service.
• Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word are highly desirable. Experience using Oracle management systems is preferred.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The Research Foundation for the State University of New York is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation for the State University of New York are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. The Research Foundation for the State University of New York operates under a contract with The State University of New York and receives no directly appropriated state funding.
If interested, please apply: https://rfsuny.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=151133
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents:
2. Cover Letter
After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent pages enable you to upload your cover letter and additional documents.
Returning Applicants - Login to your RF SUNY Careers Account to review your application.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
The Research Foundation For SUNY