UC San Diego Health
RESEARCH ADMIN FINANCIAL ANALYST /FUND MANAGER
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
This position will have a hybrid working schedule with part-time remote work.
Under the direction of the Associate Dean, serve as a member of the sponsored projects administrative (SPA) team in the Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (SSPPS). Provide forecasting for short and long term financial planning. Identify problem areas, formulate alternative solutions and make recommendations for a variety of financial and administrative issues. Create a variety of complex internal systems for reporting and validation of data for management use. This position has the authority to make decisions regarding fiscal administration of all the projects he/she oversees.
Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced research administrator to independently develop and / or oversee research proposals, awards and / or transactions related to contract and grant management and maintains contract and grant records in compliance with institutional research sponsor policies. Works on proposals and awards of diverse scope where analysis of data requires thorough understanding of complex regulations. Completes and approves transactions for signature by manager or other authorized institutional official. Works on complex proposals and awards that may involve multiple investigators and / or multiple sub awards. Guides less experienced staff. Central Role (CR): Is eligible for delegated signature authority (may vary by campus). Department Role (DR): Typically works on complex proposals such as grants / contracts which require task budgets, option years, multiple investigators and multiple sub awards.
• Seven (7) years of related experience, education/training, OR an Bachelor’s degree in related area plus three (3) years of related experience/training.
• Thorough understanding of research administration guidelines of Federal and non-Federal sponsors supporting research and educational activities, preferably in a university environment.
• Demonstrated competence in the use of spreadsheet and database software in financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports.
• Ability to perform complex financial analysis and customized reporting.
• Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting, fiscal and reporting principles.
• Thorough knowledge of applicable compliance requirements related to use of human or animal subjects in research, financial conflict of interest, biosafety, etc.
• Ability to manage significant volume of transactions.
• Maintains current knowledge of compliance regulations in all areas of research administration.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to identify problems and develop innovative solutions while utilizing strong negotiating skills.
• Proven ability to develop, analyze and carry out program and project objectives and work with others in achieving organizational goals. Ability to research, analyze and organize information to produce concise reports using various resources.
• Ability to act on initiative and exercise independent judgment in executing a wide variety of functions and maintaining absolute reliability in handling confidential and sensitive matters.
• Employment is subject to a criminal background check.
• Occasional evenings and weekends may be required.
• Must be willing to work near a laboratory environment.
• Must have reliable transportation to commute between multiple physical locations if necessary.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
If applicable, life-support certifications (BLS, NRP, ACLS, etc.) must include hands-on practice and in-person skills assessment; online-only certification is not acceptable.
UC San Diego Health Sciences is comprised of our School of Medicine, Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, The Herbert Wertheim School of Public Health and Human Longevity Science, and our Student Health and Well-Being Department. We have long been at the forefront of translational - or "bench-to-bedside" - research, transforming patient care through discovery and innovation leading to new drugs and technologies. Translational research is carried out every day in the hundreds of clinical trials of promising new therapies offered through UC San Diego Health, and in the drive of our researchers and clinician-scientists who are committed to having a significant impact on patient care. We invite you to join our team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UC San Diego strives to cultivate a rich and diverse environment, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. For more information, please visit UC San Diego Principles of Community - https://ucsd.edu/about/principles.html.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego Health
200 W Arbor Dr
San Diego, CA 92103