Location: 1035 Cambridge Street
Work Days: M-F 20 hours
Category: Professional and Management
Job Type: PT20Plus HPW
Work Shift: Day
Union Name: Non Union
The newly-created Office of Research in Harvard Medical School Department of Psychiatry at Cambridge Hospital will provide a research infrastructure for expanding research initiatives related to building a Learning Behavioral Health System. The office will support practice-based research led by clinician-researchers and lead the expansion of our portfolio of federal funding.
Working under the general direction of the Research Director, the Financial Analyst performs a wide range of complex and concurrent accounting, finance, administrative, and clerical functions. Works collaboratively with staff, investigators and Research Director. Provides accurate and competent support of the financial and administrative operations of the OOR.
- Performs general grant accounting, finance, grants support, and administrative duties.
- Prepares and manages budget for the research office
- Assists investigators in development of budgets for grant proposals
- Prepares final budgets and manages spending post-award
- Completes and submits progress reports to sponsors
- Initiates requests to sponsors for rebudgeting of costs on projects
- Perform financial transactions as necessary, such as approving credit card charges, reimbursements, and travel reports
- Manage subcontracts and spending
- Manages seed grant budgets and spending
- Handles and protects confidential and sensitive data with integrity. Must be accurate with numbers and calculations.
- Accurately compiles monthly financial and expense reports for each grant.
- Prepares and generates re-class reports and salary allocation changes reports and emails.
- Generates monthly Effort Reports for the review and approval of the director
- Assist the Research Coordinator with participant reimbursements and other administrative tasks.
- Develop and maintain functional and accurate accounting systems for the office.
- Provides administrative support to the research office when the Administrative Coordinator is away, including scheduling meetings and setting up conference calls;
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- BA/BS Accounting, Finance and/or Business Administration or related field.
- 7 years experience.
- Knowledge of general accounting, finance and administrative functions – specific knowledge of pre and post grant accounting is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills including experience using Word, Excel and Google products.
- Good writing, verbal, and communications skills, including ability to explain financial reports to non-financial personnel.
- Polite, friendly person able to interact positively with the members of the department and external partners.
- Ability to manage often competing priorities
- Efficient organizational skills required.
- Ability to accurately complete projects as needed.
- Ability to follow instructions and also to work independently.
Cambridge Health Alliance
1493 Cambridge St.
Cambridge, MA 02139
Authorized to work in the US