|Duties and Responsibilities:
AUM Office of Sponsored Programs and Research, at Auburn University at Montgomery is seeking a full-time Grant Writer. Reporting to the Associate Director, the Grant Writer is responsible for developing and writing grant proposals, researching potential funding sources and formally seeking funding on behalf of the University.
• Assemble grant applications, including support letters, proposals, budgets, assurances and certifications, etc. for submissions.
• Communicate with sponsors to check the progression of applications and provide reports to the Associate Director for the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research.
• Work closely and collaboratively with faculty, staff, and administrators in providing valuable pre-award services.
• Writes, edits, and proofreads text of contracts and grants including reorganizing content for better flow, rewording for clarity, and editing to comply with APA or other style guidelines.
• Keep accurate records to track proposals.
• Maintain calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports.
• Prioritize projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines, and assist with the management of multiple proposals.
• Coordinate all grant submissions with Authorized Organizational Representatives (AORs)
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Must be detailed oriented.
• Have good communication skills.
• Ability to conduct workshops and trainings.
• Work well with people on all organizational levels.
• Able to meet deadlines set by sponsors/grantors, the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research, and the University.
• Proven track record in securing new funding opportunities.
• Ability to interpret Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Applications (RFAs) guidelines. • Ability to maintain realistic timelines for proposal submissions.
• Knowledge of advanced computer operations (Microsoft Office Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel and Publisher) and ability to learn the University and Sponsors systems.
• Must have excellent organizational skills and is able to produce a quality work product within tight time constraints.
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must be team-oriented, with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
Bachelors degree in English, Journalism, Communication or discipline appropriate to position plus at least 5 years professional grant writing experience.
Successful track record of grant solicitations at local, state, and federal level is preferred.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
If this position is opened until filled (no set closing date), Auburn University at Montgomery reserves the right once interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications.
Auburn University at Montgomery is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity and encourages applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
|About the University/College
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don’t just take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public institutions in the region.
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the safety and security of our campus community is a top priority. All employees at AUM are considered to be Responsible Employees and have the duty to immediately report information that has the potential to adversely impact safety or wellness on our campus.