The Office of Sponsored Programs at Virginia Tech is seeking a (Senior) Associate Director for Post Award to provide overall direction, management and operation of financial activities and the comprehensive administration of Post Award Leadership team for sponsored programs.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Post Award, Sponsored Programs, this position will serve as a key resource and subject matter expert to academic department staff, central office staff, faculty and all Post Award staff in all matters related to University Policies and Procedures, Uniform Guidance, federal and state regulations and all sponsoring agency requirements. This position will serve as the institutional liaison to both the faculty and perspective sponsors on all Post Award matters and participates in outreach and training efforts to the University. Will be expected to stay abreast of changes in federal regulations and identify the need for revising institutional policies and procedures and communicating the changes to OSP staff, faculty and departmental staff on campus.
(Senior) Associate Director for Post Award will provide daily leadership for research administration, foster team work, collaborate and demonstrate high commitment to customer service, as well in the operations of the office including award set up, award oversight and management as well as financial oversight including billing/invoicing and receivables.
Position is eligible for telework in a hybrid role, but not 100% telework.
- Advanced degree and/or lesser degree with relevant education and significant professorial experience.
- Demonstrated financial and/or administrative experience in support of research.
- Significant experience and in-depth knowledge of federal and nonfederal regulations and guidelines, cost principles, uniform administrative requirements for sponsored projects and audits of states, local governments, and nonprofit organizations.
- Demonstrated leadership, independent initiative to interpret and apply federal regulations, policies, and procedures in a university or an agency funding or conducting research.
- Demonstrated experience building processes and strategies and managing a team of professionals to facilitate efficient and effective research administration and/or funding applications.
For more information about this position and how to apply, please visit www.jobs.vt.edu and search for posting 516449.
Virginia Tech is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution.
NEC, Suite 4200
300 Turner Street NE
Blacksburg, VA 24061