Senior Proposal and Contract Specialist
Posting Number: 059-21
Classification Title: Lead Bid & Proposal Specialist
Program Name: PHI Central
Working Title: Senior Proposal and Contract Specialist
Program Areas: Bid & Proposal
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being, and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally, and internationally.
The Bid and Proposal department provides pre-award, bid and proposal support to over 75 investigators for grant and contract applications to federal, state and other agencies. Reporting to the Director of Bid & Proposal, the Senior Proposal and Contract Specialist will be a key member of an efficient 4-6 person departmental team. The Senior Proposal and Contract Specialist assists with the preparation of proposal submissions and is responsible for reviewing and negotiating award and contract agreements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Works closely with the Bid and Proposal Director, Principal Investigators and Program Directors, PI/PD's, departmental colleagues, and central administrative staff as well as representatives of federal, state, and private funding agencies.
• Provides senior-level critical assistance with preparation, completion, and review of numerous grant and contract proposals.
• Reviews award and contract agreements and negotiates with funding agencies and Principal Investigators.
• Reviews, edits and integrates text for proposals.
• Serves as department expert on reviews of more complex incoming funding instruments to identify and negotiate high-risk terms and conditions. Troubleshoots resolution with B&P Director and other department experts, as needed.
• Responsible for the review and routing of representations and certifications documents and works in close coordination with the Grants and Contracts Senior Administrator's team to ensure that all documents are up-to-date and in a centralized location.
• Serves as pre-award point of contact for conflict of interest documents and certifications.
• Serves as a departmental resource for other Specialists and to troubleshoot and resolve compliance, budget and award issues.
• Serves as department lead for a fee for service, firm-fixed-price, and more complex budget development, with support from B&P Director, as needed.
• Develops training materials and provides training for internal PHI central colleagues and program community.
• Contributes to writing and distributing business process documents, contributes ideas and demonstrates a commitment to continuous quality improvement in B&P and award review functions.
• Other duties may be assigned as required by the needs of the department.
• 7 years of related experience which include:
• A minimum of 5 years relevant pre-award experience, preferably in a large nonprofit or university-sponsored projects (pre-award) office.
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in contract development, negotiation, and process flow.
• Bachelor's degree or 4 additional years of related experience.
• Knowledge of current federal, state, and/or philanthropic application rules and regulations.
• In-depth knowledge of sponsored project administration and advanced experience with grants, cooperative agreements, and/or sponsored contracts. Expert knowledge of federal, state, and non-profit sponsor regulations, policies, requirements, and procedures.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high level of attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including interpersonal and team-building skills.
• Advanced budget preparation skills. Takes leadership in developing fee-for-service and firm fixed price budgets and templates.
• Advanced skills in writing, editing, and proofreading.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
• Flexibility and ability to work well under tight deadlines.
• Some extended hours are anticipated on an infrequent basis.
• This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position.
• Our offices - which are based in the Oakland area - are currently closed. We anticipate returning to the office in mid-to-late 2021.
Open Date: 02/12/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Location: Oakland, CA/Remote (Oakland is preferred)
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2169781
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Public Health Institute
555 12th Street, 10th Floor
Oakland, CA 94607