We are actively seeking a Center Business Manager to join Seattle Children's Research Institute. This position will oversee our Center for Clinical & Translational Research which is home to over 400 research faculty and staff members from over 20 subdivisions. The Center for Clinical & Translational Research is the hub for most clinical investigations and has a diverse funding portfolio including clinical trials. The ideal candidate is an experienced clinical research administrator with broad experience managing projects from cradle to grave using lean methodologies and visibility tools to guide decision-making.
What You Will Do:
- Manage the administration of sponsored research activities for the department. Oversee financial and research compliance responsibilities by monitoring and maintaining research compliance through pre-award budgeting, application development and preparation, post-award budget forecasting, monthly review of budget status, existing and forecasted expenses, and capital budgets.
- As the primary administrator for the Center, work with the Center Director, Center leadership and faculty, overseeing Center administration including, but not limited to, space allocation, capital equipment purchasing, personnel management, and core services in addition to sponsored research administration/management.
- Provide business expertise to PIs and their research teams, advocating to identify and eliminate roadblocks and ensuring that research activities are appropriately resourced.
- Directly supervise Grants Supervisors and provide general oversight to respective grants management team.
- Regularly collect, analyze, and report Center performance metrics. Utilize lean methodologies to create change and act as a catalyst for improvement in processes, cross-functional team effectiveness, and advancement of the Research Institute system to achieve defined improvement goals and objectives.
Seattle Children's Employer Highlights:
- Leader in Pediatric Care: Because of our people, Seattle Children’s is recognized as a leading teaching, research and specialty care center at the forefront of pediatric care.
- Competitive Benefits: We support a healthy work–life balance. Our benefits include employee care, paid time off, health insurance and retirement savings.
- Transportation Discounts: Company bike program, on-site zip cars, unlimited ORCA transit pass, daily commute bonus provided to staff who us alternate methods of travel to/from work, company vanpools.
- Diversity/Inclusion: We strive to maintain an atmosphere that reflects our values of inclusion by providing effective and respectful care compatible with each patient and family's beliefs, values, and heritage.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business management, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five years' related experience, including administrative/management experience, and at least 3 years' experience within the grants and contracts arena including pre- and post-award activities in each of the following: National Institute of Health and other federal grants, private foundation grants, and industry contracts.
- Minimum two years supervisory experience.
- Certified Research Administrator or equivalent experience.
- Experience managing a recharge/core in compliance with federal policies.
- At least 2 years experience in leading continuous improvement projects.
Our community welcomes diverse experiences, backgrounds, and thoughts as this is what drives our spirit of inquiry and allows us to better connect with our increasingly diverse patients and families. Our organization recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The people who work at Seattle Children's are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels.
Seattle Children's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.
Seattle Children's Research Institute
Authorized to work in the US