We are hiring Grants & Contract Administrators to join our Seattle Children's team. This is a remote position with flexibility to be based in the following states: Washington, Texas, Georgia, and Florida. We have seven overarching focuses (centers) of research that make up the Research Institute. Opportunities include supporting the Center for Integrative Brain Research, the Center for Global Infectious Disease Research, and the Center for Immunity & Immunotherapies! If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of patients and families, we seek quality people with the right skills. We look for team players who want to work at the top of their skill level and continually improve the care we provide.
What You Will Do:
The position will be responsible for pre- and post-award portfolio management including proposal preparation, budget development, financial review and analysis, effort management, grant/contract management and closeouts. Our portfolio covers bench/wet lab, clinical and translational research projects. This key position will serve as a liaison between the Center Business Office, Principal Investigators (PIs), and Center Support Services departments. The successful candidate will join a motivated team of employees within the Center Business Operations department. Additionally, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to help our team document and improve our grant and financial processes.
Seattle Children's Employer Highlights:
- Leader in Pediatric Care: Because of our people, Seattle Children’s is recognized as a leading teaching, research and specialty care center at the forefront of pediatric care.
- Competitive Benefits: We support a healthy work–life balance. Our benefits include employee care, paid time off, health insurance and retirement savings.
- Diversity/Inclusion: We strive to maintain an atmosphere that reflects our values of inclusion by providing effective and respectful care compatible with each patient and family's beliefs, values, and heritage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least five (5) years' administrative and/or management experience
- At least three (3) years' experience managing federal and non-federal grant application/award processes and post award grants management.
- Certified Research Administrator
- Experience with industry sponsored research agreements/contracts.
- Experience with NIH Contracts.
- Familiarity with Seattle Children’s and UW fiscal processes and systems.
Our community welcomes diverse experiences, backgrounds, and thoughts as this is what drives our spirit of inquiry and allows us to better connect with our increasingly diverse patients and families. Our organization recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The people who work at Seattle Children’s are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels.
Seattle Children’s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.
Seattle Children's Research Institute
Authorized to work in the US