The Sponsored Programs division in the Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation has an opening for a (Senior) Post Award Associate. The (Senior) Post Award Associate (research administrator) advises and assists faculty and staff in award administration and ensures compliance with university and sponsor policies, procedures, and requirements.
Responsibilities include award management, invoice preparation, and account closeout. Works closely with the post award leadership in post award coordination and operations, and may assist with team member training.
Will be expected to foster teamwork and collaboration, with demonstrated organizational
skills and a high commitment to customer service by applying skills and experience to
the review of research awards and ensuring compliance with federal, state, and
university regulations and guidelines.
Depending on the knowledge, skills and ability of the successful candidate, the offer may be at either the Post-Award Associate or Senior Post-Award Associate level.
- Bachelor's degree or lesser degree with significant relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree
- Familiarity with bookkeeping/ accounting practices and/or budgeting
- Demonstrated experience and/or college coursework with emphasis on accounting, finance, or government/business regulations and administration.
- Demonstrated progressively advancing and direct work experience with federal and non-federal grants or contract regulations or the Certified Research Administrator (CRA) designation (required for Senior Post-Award Associate).
- Demonstrated experience with federal and nonfederal grants and/or contract regulations
- Project administration and/or project management experience preferably in a Research setting
- Knowledge of university administrative and/or accounting practices and procedures.