Contracts & Grants Specialist
The Research Foundation for SUNY
About The Research Foundation for SUNY:
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York (RF) is the largest comprehensive university-connected research foundation in the country.
Our mission is to provide talent, services, and technology that empower SUNY to research, innovate, and transfer discoveries that transform the world's knowledge economy.
Our vision is to make SUNY the best place for faculty, students and staff to research, innovate, and solve the world's most pressing problems.
The RF serves SUNY by providing essential administrative services that enable SUNY faculty to focus their efforts on the education of students and the performance of life-changing research across a wide range of disciplines including medicine, engineering, physical sciences, energy, computer science, and social sciences. We work with the academic and business leadership of SUNY campuses to support research and discovery through the administration of sponsored projects and technology transfer and management of intellectual property for public benefit and economic growth.
The RF is committed to diversity, inclusion and a working environment that enhances productivity, creates personal and professional opportunities, unleashes everyone's full potential and fuels innovation. We hold the organization and each other to the highest standards of integrity, accountability and ethical behavior.
Visit www.rfsuny.org and connect with the us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Learn about SUNY at www.suny.edu.
ADDITIONAL CENTRAL OFFICE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
As a learning organization, the RF encourages all employees to continue to grow and develop professionally. At the RF Central Office, employees are offered many opportunities for learning and development, including Professional Development Planning, a 12-month Mentoring Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Job Rotation, DiSC Profile Behavioral Assessment, Employee Engagement Teams, Job Skills Training, and an Employee Wellbeing Team.
Reporting to the Director of Sponsored Programs Administration, the Contract and Grant Specialist will provide sponsored program administrative support to SUNY System Administration through the Sponsored Programs Office (SPO). This position will also be responsible for administering a broad range of sponsored program agreements. This position acts as a primary representative of the Research Foundation for issues relating to pre and post award policies and procedures regarding sponsored programs on behalf of SUNY System Administration.
The Contract & Grant Specialist will be responsible for the following:
• Preliminary review of sponsored program agreements, including but not limited to, grant, contract, confidentiality/non-disclosure, MOUs as well as subcontracts and other miscellaneous documents.
• Provide daily technical support and facilitation to SUNY System Administration on an array of post-award matters concerning policies, procedures, principal director certifications, conflict regulations, regulation interpretation, sponsor collection issues, and dispute resolution. Support to SUNY System Administration will also include preparation and oversight of budget and contract modifications and monitoring awards terminating to ensure new and/or renewal awards are issued as appropriate.
• Responsible for the accurate and timely establishment of all awards at SPO. Review, analyze, obtain missing information and input grant/contract award data, including billing requirements using Oracle Grants Management module. Produce and review Account Information Abstracts.
• Review of sponsored program awards/contracts guidelines to determine if cost share award is appropriate.
• Review and verify budget information including appropriate facilities and administrative rate for awards/contracts received, including but not limited to working with the campus on finalizing appropriate budget data for award input based upon sponsor restrictions.
• Perform preliminary review of complex contractual documents noting deficiencies and/or other unusual items for legal and administrative review prior to execution, including submission of insurance certificates, where appropriate. Responsible for tracking such contractual documents for receipt of fully executed copy.
• Review, assist and verify budgetary elements and post-award reporting data and deliverables. Assist in the management of billings and sponsor financial reporting.
• Provide guidance to pre-post staff to assure accurate input and interpretation of sponsor requirements and regulations affecting award establishment and reporting within the RF business system.
• Participate in training on pre and post award functions to program personnel and assist with development of local policies and procedures.
• Assist Operations Manager as a point of contact for corporate and sponsor audits.
• Other duties and projects as required or requested.
• Bachelor's degree with 1-2 years of experience in a sponsored programs environment preferred with outstanding analytical and communication skills or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be able to select and use various computer software applications and be able to work independently.
• Must have experience in understanding and working with government regulations.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Federal and State regulations pertaining to grants and contracts is essential.
• An in-depth understanding of sponsored program policies and regulations with a goal of facilitating research administration is required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, as well as the ability to think critically, in order to successfully research, analyze and present complex issues.
• Demonstrated ability to assemble and work in teams with a strong commitment to excellence in customer service.
• Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word are highly desirable.
• Experience using Oracle management systems is preferred.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The Research Foundation for the State University of New York is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation for the State University of New York are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. The Research Foundation for the State University of New York operates under a contract with The State University of New York and receives no directly appropriated state funding.
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents at https://apptrkr.com/1869729
2. Cover Letter
After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent pages enable you to upload additional documents including a cover letter.
The Research Foundation For SUNY
Albany, NY 12201
Authorized to work in the US