At Boston Children’s Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It’s in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join us and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
The Division of Emergency Medicine seeks a highly motivated, experienced research administrator to perform overall pre-award and post-award functions for sponsored projects in the Division. Responsibilities include advising Principal Investigators on proposal preparation; development of budgets and management of funds, including financial analysis and forecasting; ensuring compliance and timely submission throughout the grant project life cycle; and assisting Division leadership with strategic planning.
This position requires the ability to multi-task, problem solve, collaborate with appropriate central administration offices to represent the needs of the division’s research faculty, and develop and implement systems to ensure successful completion of research in Emergency Medicine.
The Research Administrator III will be responsible for:
To qualify, you must have:
- Under the general direction of the Manager/Director, providing overall management of the Department/Division/Program research portfolio in partnership with Principal Investigators to ensure compliance and successful completion of research activities.
- Independently performing complex pre-award and post-award functions for all federal, state, corporate, and/or private foundation sponsored funds, subcontracts, and/or projects supported by discretionary and endowment funds.
- Participating in strategic planning for Department/Division/Program.
- Advising Principal Investigators regarding proposal preparation, interpretation of sponsor guidelines and regulations, and problem resolution.
- Managing and oversees grant application process ensuring overall compliance and timely submission.
- Developing budgets and may prepare draft grant proposals.
- Establishing policies, systems and procedures to monitor research purchases and day-to-day spending.
- Performing financial analysis on grants including but not limited to forecasting and communicating results to Principal Investigators.
- Collaborating with Department Administrator and/or appropriate Boston Children’s central administration offices to represent the needs of the Research Faculty.
- May involve mentoring Research Administrator I and II's.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of Research Administration experience required or 6 years of Research Administration experience may substitute for degree.
- Masters preferred.
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.