Position Title: Grant Officer I, II or III
Company: Salt Lake Community College
Department: Office of Sponsored Projects
Job Summary: The Office of Sponsored Projects inspires superior grant administration practice by developing and maintaining a robust grant administration infrastructure and providing exceptional service and leadership in the pursuit and management of scholarly grant-related activities at Salt Lake Community College. We are looking for a dynamic, motivated, highly organized individual to fill the open position of Grant Officer 1, 2, or 3 based on portfolio experience. SLCC may fill more than one position with this posting.
The Grant Officer for Sponsored Projects and Research Administration is a key member of the Office of Sponsored Projects team and plays a crucial role in creating a culture of excellence in grant administration. Serving as a key team member managing a portfolio of sponsored projects throughout the grant life cycle, the Grant Officer is an experienced professional in sponsored project administration. The Grant Officer is proficient in: funding identification, grant strategy, sponsored projects proposal development, budgeting, contracting and negotiation, subawards, compliance monitoring and reporting, sub recipient monitoring, uniform guidance interpretations, sponsored reporting and project management
Sponsored projects and administration duties include:
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in business, communication, finance, public administration, healthcare administration, non-profit management, sciences, humanities, social sciences or related field.
One year of direct, full-time, paid experience in one or a combination of the following areas: public grant administration (pre and post award), research administration, nonprofit management, fundraising, contract management, project management, proposal development/grant writing, government policy and regulations, budgeting/accounting, legislative/business analyst.
Project management experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Strong preference given to candidates with the following qualifications:
1. Master’s degree in a related field
2. Project Management Certification (PMI, CAPM, IPMA), Research Administration Certification (CRA, CPRA, CFRA), and/or Grant Writing Certification.
3. Experience in higher education setting.
4. Successful grant administration experience with state and local funding agencies.
5. Extensive and successful pre and post award public grant administration experience with federal funding agencies in one or more of the following areas: public education (Department of Education), math, science, engineering (National Science Foundation, Department of Defense, NASA), health sciences (National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services), workforce and economic development (Department of Labor, SBA), humanities, arts and social sciences (National Endowment for the Humanities, National Endowment for the Arts, Department of Justice) and other federal funding agencies.
To read the full job posting, visit the SLCC website at: https://jobs.slcc.edu/postings/46341
Priority Review Date: March 4, 2020, open until filled
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Job Location: Salt Lake Community College, 4600 S Redwood Road, Salt Lake City, Utah
How to Apply: Apply for this position on the Salt Lake Community College website: https://jobs.slcc.edu/
Questions: Please contact SLCC Human Resources at email@example.com or (801)957-4210
Salt Lake Community College
4600 S Redwood Rd
Salt Lake City, UT 84130
Authorized to work in the US