The Office of Sponsored Programs is seeking an experienced contracts negotiator to provide comprehensive contract administration including review and negotiation of predominantly federally funded and federal non-funded agreements and contracts with external sponsors and partners. The incumbent will be responsible for exercising sound decision-making and problem solving skills in the negotiation of contracts (including amendments, modifications, and subcontracts as necessary), and for assisting in the development of administrative procedures to comply with regulations affecting governmental and industry sponsored contracts. This critical posiiton will liaise between Department, Link, Office of Export and Secure Research Compliance, Legal Counsel, Sponsor, Principal Investigator, post award and the preaward proposal team as necessary to accomplish negotiation in a timely manner.
This position may be located at either Virginia Tech's Blacksburg, VA or Arlington, VA locations.
This position will require occasional travel to other university locations.
|-Advanced degree in Public or Business Administration, finance, law, or related field(s).
- Due to ability to work with restricted contracts from federal sponsors, this position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Currently possess a security clearance as required to perform assigned duties.
- Demonstrated financial and/or administrative experience in support of research.
- Significant experience and in-depth knowledge of federal and non-federal regulations and guidelines, cost principles, uniform administrative requirements for grants and audits of states, local governments, and non-profit organizations. Particularly, considerable knowledge of Federal procurement laws and regulations (e.g., Federal Acquisition Regulations) is required.
- Demonstrated experience in the management and/or negotiation of complex contracts.
- Demonstrated leadership, independent initiative to interpret and apply federal regulations, policies, and procedures in a university or an agency funding or conducting research.
- Demonstrated experience building processes and strategies to facilitate efficient and effective research administration and/or contract negotiation.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance (TS/SCI) as required to perform assigned duties.
- Demonstrated experience and efficiency in the negotiation of complex contracts (such as those involving, intellectual property, publication restrictions, export control, classified contracts, propriety and confidential information and federal FAR clauses) as well as familiarity with federal and non-federal regulations and guidelines.
- Project administration and/or project management experience preferably in a Research setting.
- Knowledge of university administrative and/or accounting practices and procedures.
- Significant training delivery experience in a professional environment.
North End Center, Suite 4101
300 Turner ST NW
Blacksburg, VA 24061