Sponsored Programs Specialist
The University Of Delaware
The Research Office is responsible for pre-award and post-award administrative activities for all sponsored programs conducted at the University of Delaware (UD).
Under general direction of the Systems Analyst, the Sponsored Programs Specialist will be responsible for establishing, maintaining and updating sponsored projects accounts in University grants management information technology systems. This individual will ensure that critical award attributes are accurately captured to support overall management, compliance, and financials for sponsored programs administered at UD.
• Work with individuals across UD to deliver high-quality customer service and outcomes for award setup tasks:
• Analyze research agreements and amendments awarded to the University to identify and interpret key award information for data entry with assistance of the preaward staff as needed.
• Enter and maintain sponsored award information into PeopleSoft, ensuring capture of complete, accurate, and appropriate data for award financials and demographics, including but not limited to:
• Uphold data integrity via regular reporting and monitoring of system fields and attributes.
• Develop, report, and present metrics related to award setup such as process backlogs and turnaround times.
• Participate in redesigning, testing, and implementing new upgrades or improvements to the PeopleSoft system and/or business processes.
• Manage award documentation and perform miscellaneous copying, scanning, and filing tasks as needed to create and maintain award files.
• Support the Systems Analyst with testing of software upgrades and system changes.
• Prepare a high volume of incoming subaward invoices for processing: receive, review, and initiate internal routing form for all subaward invoices.
• Perform additional tasks as needed to support pre-award and post-award functions.
• Bachelor’s degree and three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of grants management and administrative processes for research preferred.
• Knowledge of OMB Circulars A-21, A-110, A-133 and 2 CFR 200 preferred.
• Experience with PeopleSoft software systems for grants management and financials.
• Self-motivated, requiring little to no supervision for routine tasks.
• Exceptional organizational skills, able to carry out multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
• Detail-oriented with a talent for ensuring data accuracy and consistency.
• Strong analytical skills and aptitude for understanding and troubleshooting data.
• Strong written and oral communication skills with a focus on customer service.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with individuals across the University community.
• Willingness and flexibility to accommodate changing priorities, processes, and systems.
• Proficiency in the use of MS-Office Suite.
• Ability to interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
• Experience with PeopleSoft software systems for grants management and financials
• Experience in higher education or research-intensive institution preferred.
TO APPLY: For a complete list of requirements and job duties and to apply online, please visit the UDJOBS website at www.udel.edu/udjobs Job ID 494395 .
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from minority group members, women, individuals with a disability and veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html. Employment offers will be conditioned upon successful completion of a criminal background check. A conviction will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
The University Of Delaware
Authorized to work in the US