Manager, Research Accounting, Research Office
The University Of Delaware
The Research Office manages approximately $145 million in annual research expenditures associated with over 2,300 sponsored research projects. The closeout process, performed in the Research Office, acts as the financial review and end-of-life accounting mechanism for all sponsored contracts and grants awarded to the University of Delaware (UD).
Under the limited direction of the Associate Vice President for Research Administration, the Manager of Sponsored Research Accounting is responsible for Overseeing the overall fiscal management, financial reporting, and account closeout for externally-sponsored research awards. Providing leadership, oversight, and support for daily operations performed by the Sponsored Research Accounting team. Assists with performance improvement and long-range planning for post-award administrative support provided by the Research Office. Provides expertise and customer service to campus faculty and staff members for effective and compliant management of sponsored projects and financials. Engages with external constituents, sponsors, and auditors as necessary.
• Provide leadership, oversight, and support for daily operations performed by the Sponsored Research Accounting team:
• Regularly coordinate and communicate with UD constituents and external parties to ensure effective and compliant financial management for sponsored research programs:
• Bachelor's degree and at least six years of job-related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in the Higher Education industry and/or Research Administration is preferred.
• Working knowledge of OMB Circulars A-21, A-110, A-133, Uniform Guidance 2 CFR 200, and other pertinent external regulations. Knowledge of federal forms.
• Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and the University general ledger and financial system.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of effective grant funding processes, procedures, and techniques as well as applicable local, state, federal and university regulations.
• Ability to use advanced techniques in Microsoft Office Suite including Word processing, Excel spreadsheets, Access databases, PowerPoint presentation software, and enterprise systems is essential.
• Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
• Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
• Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
• Demonstrated customer service skills, and ability to meet multiple deadlines.
• Effective oral and written communication, negotiation, and organizational skills.
• Project management skills and the ability to resolve complex problems and issues.
• Ability to present information effectively to groups; to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
• Ability to foster a collaborative and cooperative work environment.
• Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
• Ability to make effective administrative/procedural decisions and recommendations.
Ability to interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
TO APPLY: For a complete list of requirements and job duties and to apply online, please visit the UDJOBS website at www.udel.edu/udjobs Job ID 494197 .
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from minority group members, women, individuals with a disability and veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html. Employment offers will be conditioned upon successful completion of a criminal background check. A conviction will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
The University Of Delaware
The University of Delaware
Newark, Delaware 19716
Authorized to work in the US