Responsible for the management and oversight of pre-award and post award activities relating to federal, industry and foundation sponsored research studies. Assists leadership as needed with philanthropic funds at the direction of the Division Head. Provides training and education to other research staff related to timely invoicing, research charge billing and account reconciliation, and will be expected to make recommendations to investigators and clinical research staff on process improvement to create and/or maintain practices and procedures such as maintenance of an awards database, review of requirements for performance reports or grant renewals and refinement of current accounting practices to enhance the research enterprise. Provides clerical support for clinical research projects.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Assists principal investigators in preparing applications for funding and managing existing grants and contracts.
2. Implements and interprets research and financial policies and procedures in conjunction with the Office of Sponsored Programs.
3. Works with faculty to identify new federal and foundation funding opportunities, provides insight on funding terms and conditions and submission requirements.
4. Ensures proper post award account creation in ARHLC financial systems, including Lawson, payroll, EPIC and purchasing based on specific grant or contract language. Coordinates sub-award agreement creation and monitoring with OSP.
5. Monitors funds on weekly basis, reconciling faculty and staff salaries, subcontractor invoices, incoming sponsor payments, cost transfers and other allocable expenses ensuring financial compliance to reporting standards and funding agency requirements.
6. Provides regular financial status updates including fiscal projections to PIs and director and processes spending plan adjustments at the direction of faculty to meet project objectives.
7. Reviews and coordinates time and effort reporting for faculty and clinical research staff. Works with PIs to regularly monitor information and make changes as appropriate.
8. Responsible for timely assembly and production of annual federal/sponsor progress reports, just in time submissions, no-cost extensions, contract amendments and assists in the completion of required financial reports with OSPA.
9. Works with the clinical research team to ensure proper invoices are generated in a timely fashion on all studies, offering training and guidance as appropriate; assists principal investigators with internal and external budget development for grant applications, including negotiation of budgets with sponsor.
10. Works with the Office of Sponsored Programs to facilitate contract negotiations and execution.
11. Provides oversight of patient charges to fund accounts; verifies accuracy of all charges to fund accounts including salary and miscellaneous expenses.
12. Oversees research fund closeout in conjunction with clinical research staff, OSP, OSPA and sponsor. Works
with other departments/disciplines to coordinate all aspects of research projects, focusing primarily on billing
and reimbursement. Serves as a liaison between section faculty and OSP, sponsors, CROs, Federal agencies.
13. Oversees and provides guidance to other research staff in study procedures and processes and monitoring
team workflow as it relates to fiscal management. Assists in creating and updating case report forms and/or
14. Provides oversight to staff responsible for preparing and submitting all regulatory documents to the
government and/or sponsor. Prepares/submits budgets, budget justifications and other necessary documents
for review by the IRB, CRU and sponsor.
15. Other job functions as assigned.
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
225 East Chicago Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60611-2605
Minimum of 3 years o