- Within LUC established legal, financial and risk management guidelines and templates, reviews, interprets, analyzes, drafts and negotiates affiliation and other site agreements with over 500 different clinical sites for medical, exercise science, dietetic, health systems management and nursing student training and education.
- Negotiates and finalizes terms and conditions of research and clinical-trial agreements in a timely manner and in a manner designed to protect Loyola University of Chicago (“LUC”), the Principal Investigator (“PI”) and Loyola University Medical Center (“LUMC”) in the following major areas: a) patient and medical staff safety; b) intellectual property (IP) rights and ownership; c) liability (damages, injury and indemnification) and insurance; d) publication; e) warranty; f) infringement at a minimum.
- Within LUC and LUMC established legal, financial and risk management guidelines and templates, reviews, interprets, analyzes, drafts and negotiates industry research, clinical trial and associated types of agreements like confidentiality agreements, clinical trial agreements and material transfer agreements,
- Secures approval of LUC and LUMC legal, finance and risk management departments to finalize any contract terms outside of established guidelines and templates.
- Fosters and maintains mutually beneficial relationships with corporate biomedical and healthcare sponsors; providing high quality and timely service to principal investigators (PI), while maintaining a balance between LUC, LUMC and industry interests for the public good.
- Maintains systems that log, track and report the status of outstanding agreements to PI, Deans, Research Services and all interested constituents at LUC and LUMC.
- Negotiates any extensions of existing contracts or agreements.
- Maintains files for all agreements within LUC, research, sponsored program and contract administration policies and/or guidelines.
- Performs other duties as required.
Loyola University Chicago
2160 S. 1st Ave
Maywood, IL 60153
Authorized to work in the US