INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENTS MANAGER
Salary: $5,916.67-$12,733.33/MO Note: budgeted maximum for this position is $105,000 per year.
Final Filing Date: 08-16-2019
Under the direction of the Associate Vice Provost for Academic Programs (AVP-AP) and with the input of the senior leadership of Global Affairs, the International Agreements Manager-Global Affairs will be responsible for the negotiating and managing of university international agreements, and for improving the university's international partnership agreement process, including policy and system review, operations, monitoring and evaluation, data collection and reporting. The position is essential to assuring UC Davis's standing as a global university by its adherence to the rules, regulations, and policies that govern the university's strategic international engagement.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a business-related or legal field.
• 10 years of professional experience.
• Experience interpreting and analyzing legal statutes and related regulations and case laws for determination of impact on and possible application to campus policies and procedures.
• Skills and experience negotiating agreements.
• Experience with international contract management.
• Experience analyzing data and statistics research.
• Experience compiling information from various databases and reports to synthesize and present complex information that can facilitate decision-making.
• Project management experience in workflow processes and project delivery methods.
• Leadership skills that include planning, problem-solving, and decision-making.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; discretion in professional judgment; ability to take independent action and exercise individual authority based upon level of knowledge and professional experience; and ability to develop effective working relationships with faculty, staff, and other key stakeholders and ensure cooperation and confidentiality among individuals.
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, calendaring, desktop publishing, and document management database programs in a Windows environment.
• Bachelor's degree in international law, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5 years of experience, preferably in the field of international education.
• Experience with the assessment and evaluation of partnerships effectiveness.
• Experience with international activities program management and support.
• Experience in handling and protecting sensitive or restricted data.
• Knowledge of higher education administration.
• Knowledge of current issues and best practices related to comprehensive internationalization of higher education.
• Demonstrated experience and skill in the creation and development of processes.
• Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining strategic international partnerships.
• Working knowledge of U.S and foreign immigration policy and visa regulations.
• Working knowledge of U.S. and foreign export control and patent laws as they relate to international research, education, and contract development.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
University of California, Davis
Authorized to work in the US