Here at Seattle Children's we are united by a compelling mission: We provide hope, care and cures to help every child to live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Seattle Children's Research Institute is among the top in National Institutes of Health funding - a sign that our physician-scientists are leaders in research that improves the outlook for children with a wide range of conditions. Come join our team!
The Accountant II, Research position will develop, implement, and maintain Research accounting systems: journal entries, general ledger, activities module, grants management module, accounts receivable, accounts payable, revenue reconciliation, etc. Account for federal, state, and private research grants, contracts, and gift funds so that they are managed in accordance with grantor and contractor requirements, which support Seattle Children’s mission as a health care delivery system. Review and interpret financial reporting requirements, rules, and regulations. Use professional accounting concepts. Apply company polices and procedures to resolve accounting issues.
Seattle Children's Employer Highlights
• Leader in Pediatric Care: Because of our people, Seattle Children's is recognized as a leading teaching, research and specialty care center at the forefront of pediatric care.
• Competitive Benefits: We support a healthy work-life balance. Our benefits include employee care, paid time off, health insurance and retirement savings.
• Transportation Discounts: Company bike program, on-site zip cars, unlimited ORCA transit pass, daily commute bonus provided to staff who us alternate methods of travel to/from work, company vanpools.
• Diversity/Inclusion: We strive to maintain an atmosphere that reflects our values of inclusion by providing effective and respectful care compatible with each patient and family's beliefs, values, and heritage
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field.
- Minimum three years accounting experience, including at least one year grant/contract accounting experience.
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) certificate.
- Lawson ERP experience.
Seattle Children's Hospital
Seattle, WA 98105