The incumbent will serve as the Clinical Research Coordinator for one or more research projects. This position will provide day-to-day study coordination, recruitment of study subjects, scheduling, data input and other associated duties for research studies involving PTSD, Trauma Exposure, Mindfulness and Exercise. These projects are being conducted by researchers from the San Francisco VA Medical Center, Northern California Institute for Research and Education (NCIRE), and University of California, San Francisco.
• Coordinate daily study operations for both treatment and observational studies.
• Schedule study visits and study procedures.
• Provide and document Informed Consent.
• Maintain rapport with each participant and assist him or her with all study procedures.
• Track and monitor study progress to ensure adherence to timelines, SOPs, and applicable regulations.
• Develop recruitment strategy and materials, including, but not limited to: outreach to VA clinics and the community, mass mailings, phone calls, advertising/flyering and word of mouth.
• Implement multiple recruitment strategies to meet enrollment goals.
• Perform outreach at community and VA events, occasionally on weekends and in the evening.
• Work closely with VA clinical staff to receive and track patient referrals.
• Conduct telephone screening interviews with participants to pre-assess for study eligibility.
• Document and evaluate recruitment efforts, adjust as needed to meet enrollment goals.
Data Entry and Documentation:
• Manage all UCSF, VA and other regulatory approvals required to begin and continue study operations.
• Prepare data and materials for annual and semi-annual audits and study reports.
• Maintain essential research study documentation
• Perform data entry, downloading, scanning and verification.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• 1-2 years of previous experience in mental health research, preferably including study coordination and recruitment
• BA/BA degree in psychology or related field
• Has a thorough understanding of FDA, ICH, and GCP regulations, guidelines, policies and practices for conducting clinical investigations
• Computer literacy with emphasis on Windows operating systems and software applications
• Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication with peers, supervisors and clientele
• Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and priorities to achieve desired goals
• Strong accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong skills in the areas or organization and documentation
• Ability to work under minimal supervision
For more information about NCIRE -- The Veterans Health Research Institute or to apply for this exciting opportunity, please visit us at www.ncire.org and select job #19-0041 or you may apply directly, by cutting and pasting the below link into your browser:
NCIRE --The Veterans Health Research Institute is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Per San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance, NCIRE - The Veterans Health Research Institute will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories
• Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
NCIRE- The Veterans Health Research Institute
4150 Clement St
San Francisco, CA 94121