NYU School of Medicine is one of the nation's top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Grants Specialist. The Grants Specialist will have responsibilities and duties within the Department of Surgery. Said duties include the pre and post award management of all Federal and Industry Grants and Clinical Trials. All activities are done in concert with the Principal Investigators, Research & Quality Manager, and the Department Administrator
* Review compliance databases and updates applications databases Certifies that any pending compliance issues for sponsor have been addressed
* Assist Business Manager/Administrator to provide policies and procedures, compliance information and data to faculty.
* Ensures all FSR and Financial Reports are prepared and submitted as required by sponsoring program.
* Coordinates all no cost extensions and carry over fund paperwork and documentation.
* Ensures all program are invoiced appropriately and timely.
* Makes all necessary budget revisions and payroll allocation revisions for grants as necessary and as indicated by the Manager/Administrator.
* Reviews budgets to ensure appropriate sponsor and School of Medicine Guidelines have been addressed. This includes making sure that all budgetary items requested are in compliance with the sponsors guidelines and confirming institutional salaries.
* Tracks and monitors all monthly revenue and expenses on grants. Will raise any concerns/issues to the Manager/Administrator.
* Assists faculty and administration in preparation of budgets. Discusses sponsor policies with investigators and administrators and prepares excel spreadsheets with revised budgets.
* Ensures all grants are logged properly and accounts are successfully created with Sponsored Programs Administration. Ensures all awards received match the budgeted amount.
* Prepares summary reports of applications submissions and outcomes to Research & Quality Manager.
* Ensures files are complete for awarded applications. Follows up with investigators and/or administrators regarding missing information.
* Submits and manages IRB documentation in Research Navigator.
* Ensures that tracking of pending application is up-to-date. Follows up with investigator regarding status of application.
* Prepares forms or letters of certification of approvals and grant application packets for signature by the appropriate parties and then submits to Dept for review/approval, and then to the Office of Sponsored Research.
* Notifies faculty of impending approvals to submit protocols to appropriate institutional committee.
* Works with principal investigators and staff to load grant proposals into Research Navigator system.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's Degree and three years grants administration or other relevant experience. Effective oral, written, verbal, organizational and creative problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail. Autonomous self starter with the ability to exercise independent judgment. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel
Master in Healthcare or Business Management is preferred.Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.NYU School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.NYU School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online. If you wish to view NYU School of Medicine's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://nyu.contacthr.com/68997072.jpg />
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
NYU Langone Medical Center
19 W 34th St,
New York, NY 10001