NYU School of Medicine is one of the nation’s top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Sr. Grants Manager. The Senior Grants Manager shall work with the Associate Director, Senior Director of SPA and the seniorleadership of the Office of Science and Research to develop and implement an interdepartmental,interdisciplinary model for research administration that will promote and support more and broadercollaborations that will lead to a crucial increase in a grant portfolio that includes Program Projects andCenter Grants at the NYU School of Medicine. S/he will report directly to the Associate Director of SPA,and will directly supervise a number of SPA staff. S/he shall have direct authority for an assigned portionof the Pre Award division within SPA and will work with the SPA Education and Training group andOSR to develop a wide variety of education, communication and outreach activities, curriculum andresources in order to partner with and provide service to the research community.
* Professional Development and Initiative:Maintains a current awareness of changes or new Federal regulations; maintains familiarity with trends,issues, and advances in grants administration through periodic review of relevant journals or otherliterature; consults websites of professional organizations (e.g. NCURA, SRA); readily accepts newresponsibilities and assignments; and recognizes when help is needed by others and offers guidance andassistance.
* 20% Training and Support ServicesDevelop and present training sessions for faculty and staff throughout the NYU School ofMedicine as part of a series covering topics in grant fundamentals and management, proposaldevelopment, compliance, NIH/CSR peer-review process, and others. This will seed knowledgein grants administration to staff that often provide direct support to faculty.Work with the departments and institutes accomplish research strategic plansDevelop on-line and written tools and materials for training
* Distribution of Duties:80% Submission and Award ManagementSuccessful submissions of grant applicationsRecruitment, retention and supervision of top-notch Pre-Award staff governing applicationreview and Click Grants data quality.Conduct semi- and annual personnel evaluations related to assigned staff positionsCoordinate with PIs, departmental administrators, and the Office of Science and Research toensure successful submissions in advance of high volume deadlinesIncrease NIH contract applicationsMonitor the timely processing of awards and budget set-upCollaboratively work with the Development office for specific foundation grant applicationsWork with the Associate Director to manage to a goal of at least 10% increase in grantsubmissions annuallyAssist in the preparation of materials and agenda for sponsor site-visits
* Interface with extramural and intramural grants/contracts officers and program officials onmatters of grant administration and problem-solving, e.g., cost transfers, grant restrictions, etc.
* Assist SPA and faculty with special projects, e.g., site-visit presentations
* Review all ongoing literature regarding administrative changes, in addition, disseminate targetedand personalized alerts (e.g. NIH Guide, CBD, etc.)
* Develop ongoing courses covering grants-related topics in a multi-part training series.Educational sessions may include Grant Fundamentals, Grant Applications and the NIH PeerReview Process, Strategies on How to Prepare a Program Project Grants, Developing ResearchProposals, Budgeting tips, specialized grant applications such as shared instrumentations grants,training grants, and others.
* Review and ensure quality assurance for pre-award data input and management to ensure accuratereporting on grant activity
* S/he will conduct related hiring and termination activities
* Oversight and management, providing supervision, direction and guidance to the staff to ensurethe efficient and compliant management his/her teams sponsored programs portfolio.
* Provide a demonstrated knowledge of intramural and extramural government regulations, policiesand procedures to support faculty and inquiries relating to post-award policies and practices
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Minimum Qualifications:
* To qualify you must have a B.A./B.S. degree and seven years of broad grants administration or other relevant experience in allaspects of proposal review
* Knowledge of grant policies and regulations for the public and private sectors
* Must be able to meet deadlines and be proficient in the use of computers, including database management,spreadsheets, word processing applications and the Internet.
* Excellent organization, time management, oral, written, communication/interpersonal skills; and the ability to work with a wide variety of personalities as part of a team.
* Masters Degree in applicable field (MBA, MPA, MPH, etc.) a plus.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
NYU Langone Health
NYU Langone Health
New York, New York 10001
Authorized to work in the US