NYU School of Medicine is one of the nation’s top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Grants Manager. The Grants Manager works closely with the Director of Research Administration to provide pre- and post-award administrative management for the Department of Population Health.
* Maintain records and provide reports to support review of all departmental faculty effort for an annual process with faculty records, for federal time and effort reporting, and for a quarterly internal review process with each division.
* Maintain grants-related reports at the department level including number of submissions, awards and success rates especially related to large collaborative grants. Conduct analysis on various aspects of department research portfolio and operation as requested.
* Validate data reported in the institution’s research dashboard against internal records.
* Provide pre-award support to Divisions including completing all non-scientific portions of grant applications for Principal Investigators. Lead budget development. Gather required documents from collaborators and subcontractor organizations as needed. Enter grant into Research Navigator and work with the department and Sponsored Programs Administration to ensure the grant is submitted by the funder due date.
* Manage administrative aspects of large collaborative grant applications along with divisional and section staff and serve as main liaison between research team and sponsored programs office.
* Work closely with Director of Research Administration to conduct initial reviews of basic grant submissions and non-competing continuations.
* Serve as a resource to the research community related to sponsor requirements as well as institutional and departmental grants policy. Conduct educational sessions for staff working on grant submissions to improve skills and provide clarity around policies and procedures.
* Identify both internal and external research funding opportunities, and communicate application process and deadlines to Principal Investigators.
* Manage compliance with all funding agencies. Identify and analyze any discrepancies in order to ensure appropriate justifications and back up are provided.
* Support Vice Chair of Research in implementing mock study sections, gathering and disseminating resource documents to foster stronger grant applications, and implementing strategic initiatives to strengthen research capacity in the department.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Minimum Qualifications:
* Bachelors degree in Business, Health Administration or a related discipline, and a minimum of three to five years relevant combination of education and experience
* Experience working in a team oriented environment with ability to take initiative and work independently
* Proven ability to meet deadlines and produce high quality products
* Related experience in an academic research administration environment strongly preferred.
* Thorough knowledge of pre- and post-award grants administration; Understands federal, state and local policies governing sponsored research
* Basic knowledge of accounting, budgeting and finance.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to support and work with a diverse group of faculty and staff, and interpersonal and problem-solving skills required
* Ability to implement, and interpret policies and procedures and communicate sensitive information verbally and in writing to a diverse population
* Ability to assess situations and provide solutions to mitigate problems or issues during grants submission process
* Demonstrated ability to work independently
* Expertise in Microsoft Office software; strength in database applications
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
NYU Langone Health
19 West 34th Street,
New York, NY 10001