This position is part of the Sutter Health Grants and Contracts Team located in San Francisco. Duties for this team include Pre-Award Administration of grants and oversight of grant-related compliance regulations. The major functions are pre-award grants management administration and compliance for federal, private foundations, and Industry investigator-initiated submissions for basic sciences and clinical research. This position will be assigned complex and challenging grant submissions including program project grants, center grants, and large grants with or without subcontracts. Responsibilities include the coordination of grant submissions, setting timelines, providing guidance on required elements, development of budgets for grant proposals, award analysis, as well as assurance of agency and campus policy compliance. Other compliance areas include but are not limited to conflict of interest management and Sub recipient contracting, and monitoring analysis. The successful candidate must be a highly motivated and organized individual who thrives in deadline-driven, demanding and challenging environments. In addition, candidates should have prior experience in Pre-Award Grant Administration and will be expected to function independently. While the job is mostly M-F, given the cyclical nature of grant proposal submissions, overtime and weekends may be required.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Excellent knowledge of grants management practices, with prior experience of grants submission process
• Excellent written & verbal skills
• Demonstrated ability for financial forecasting
• Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to a wide-variety of personalities is critical
• Ability to handle many moving parts and multiple projects
• Ability to make independent judgment and act on decisions
• Thorough knowledge of external Federal guidelines/procedures for grants and contracts, including NIH, NSF and DOD
• Intermediate to Advanced Excel and MS Word skills, and Adobe Acrobat
• Good knowledge of accounting practices
• Meticulous attention to detail is required, since oversight in work or achieving only partial results can cause critical expenditures and delays
Prior grants submission experience
High school diploma required with 8 years of experience in grants policies.
College Degree plus at least 3 years of experience in grants policies strongly desired or equivalent combination of education and experience.
California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute
475 Brannan Street Suite 130 San Francisco, CA 94107