National University seeks a full-time Grants Coordinator, Pre-Award for its academic headquarters located in La Jolla, California.
The Grants Coordinator, Pre-Award provides support to the Executive Director, Sponsored Programs and Grants, the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research (OSPR), faculty, staff, and other administrators in all pre-award functions.
Responsibilities of this position include (but are not limited to):
• Serving as the OSPR’s resident Subject Matter Expert (SME) on foundation grants and other funding opportunities.
• Independently prospecting for grant and contract opportunities that match faculty research interests and institutional strategic goals.
• Analyzing funding opportunity announcements to understand sponsor requirements and limitations, and communicating to faculty and other applicable stakeholders.
• Developing federal grant proposals and working with the Executive Director to submit via online portal systems.
• Preparing and submitting proposals, letters of interest, and other documentation concerning foundation grants.
• Representing the OSPR, as necessary, in pre-award meetings in the absence of the Executive Director.
• Assuring completed proposals are in compliance with federal, state, agency, and institutional regulations, requirements, and policies related to grants and contracts.
The ideal candidate MUST have skills and abilities including:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Business or a financial related area.
• Professional demeanor and appearance.
• Ability to read, interpret, and analyze proposal guidelines and to effectively explain them to faculty, noting impacts and potential issues.
• Knowledge of various funding agency requirements and proposed grant application submission procedures, including grants.gov workspace, NSF FastLane, and/or other agency-specific portals.
• Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Adobe Professional suite of products and Microsoft Office applications; including experience with budget development and thorough knowledge of MS Excel.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and effectively as a team member, while under the pressure of constantly changing priorities, and to meet simultaneous deadlines with strict attention to detail.
The ideal candidate SHOULD also have the following:
• Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in sponsored programs or research administration in an academic setting is strongly preferred.
• Experience in an institution of higher education is strongly preferred.
• Proven problem solving skills preferred.
• Strong administrative skills highly desirable.
Join our amazing team! National University System and its affiliates have been committed to discovering the best talent consisting of dedicated, genuine, and approachable candidates since 1971. Our culture represents enthusiastic team members who are passionate about higher education and strive to provide the best student experience to lifelong learners.
Office of Sponsored Programs and Research 11255 North Torrey Pines Road La Jolla, CA 92037